Preface

"Mom I'm going out for a little while!" I shout as I open the front door.

"Alright, but don't go too far!" my Mom shouts back from the kitchen amid the raucous sound of kids playing, screaming, and watching some stupid show on Sprout, wait...actually I believe they are watching Sesame Street, so never mind, they are probably watching the one good show that comes on that channel.

"Okay Mom!" I shout back closing the door. Taking a deep breath I take the shortest path from my house of adolescent chaos to the calm and tranquility of one of the parks here in Stockton, California. Yes, I know your probably thinking, 'Isn't Stockton one of those places with a high murder rate?' One of the highest as a matter of fact, but being a teenager I think of myself as invincible. So once again today I decide to defy the odds so that I don't feel like my head will explode from children who are incapable of using an indoor voice.

I arrive at the park and sit down on an uncomfortable bench made out of concrete or something. Looking up at the sky I listen to the buzz of the power lines that are ever present here and think of one of my favorite things to think about, conspiracies.

After a while I decide to stop looking at the sky while thinking about what the US military might have wanted to do with a creature such as the chupacabra. Seriously, I think some scientist just wanted to play God probably.

Feeling a presence next to me, I look over and see sitting next to me a man also looking at the sky. Now this man could easily be a mugger except I just knew he wasn't. He soon looks back at me and I know why I had not run. It was simply because my brain subconsciously knew how weird this situation was. The guy was without a doubt an older version of me. My features were there on his face but...older.

"It's not nice to stare with your mouth open y'know?" he smiled and said in my same deep voice that came around when puberty did. In the back of my mind I found myself thinking At least my voice does not get any deeper than it already is. That would be freaky.

I close my mouth, a little bit embarrassed, and ask, "Who are you?"

With that same smile on his face he mysteriously answers, "As stupid, weird, and cliche as it sounds. You already know the answer."

I look at him from top to bottom. He was in his late twenties or his early thirties to my meager fifteen. He was around maybe 5'6 to my 5'3. Just like me he had medium-brown skin that was more toward the darker than the lighter. He was of African descent with the kind of cheeks that grandma's love to pinch and black nappy hair that is an absolute nightmare to comb. His eyes were purely black from a distance but as a matter of fact are brown. However, unlike me he had a slight muscular build, he was...fit, and looking pretty good if I do say so myself. Maybe I should actually go to a gym every once in a while. Might help with my single status.

"My evil twin," I answer after my examination. He looks at me for a moment before he busts up laughing. He goes on like that for a good thirty seconds before he is able to stop.

Looking at me he says, "Good one, but no I am not. At least not in the way that it implies." I look at him with confusion and he asks, "What do you think if someone could make another Earth? If they had the same big ball of rock and core, same distance to the sun, same orbit, everything?! What if they had figured out the equation to make Earth."

I thought for a moment and asked, "Same spark of life, so to speak?" to which he nods. I think a bit more then say, "Then everything would be the same. It would be as if you had rewound the history of Earth and started it back up. It would be just like a film or a book, it doesn't or wouldn't change no matter how many times you read or watch it. In the end it would be the same."

"Exactly! Man you got it spot on. I am so glad that I am so smart," he says with a smug look on his face.

I roll my eyes and smile. Thinking for a while I then ask, "So are you from further during the film so to speak?"

"No. My race used to be one of the films, but now we are making our own. So to speak," Before I can ask what he means he says, "Don't worry. I will explain everything by telling you my story."

"Why would you do that though? What does it accomplish?"

"Simple," he says shrugging his shoulders, "My mission."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone this is the first story that I ever thought up so I hope you enjoy. If you enjoy it tell me in the comments. If you didn't then tell me, and tell me why, who knows...I may just be able to fix it. What do you think so far? Is it a cool concept? Do you have any idea what I mean? Don't worry, like my "evil twin" says it will all be explained by reading the story. Don't worry though, its not as confusing as something like...quantum mechanics or anything like that (Check out Bioshock Infinite). Anyways now we will actually get to the story next?

Comment, vote, fan, and all that other good stuff.