Chapter 17: Recovery

Yoda had a certain knack for arriving in the nick of time.

Dooku had felt his presence just before the old Jedi Master hobbled into the room, and ceased his assault on the young Padawan. As Yoda hobbled into the room, Dooku spun around to face him. Yoda came to a stop, leaning forward on his gimmer stick as his eyes flickered over to the three injured Jedi on the floor.

"Master Yoda," Dooku said pleasantly.

"Count Dooku," Yoda responded calmly.

"You have interfered with our affairs for the last time," Dooku stated gravely. He raised his hand, the Force shifting around him.

Yoda let his gimmer stick fall to the ground as he raised a hand to stop the object Dooku had thrown in his direction. Almost effortlessly he tossed it aside, catching and tossing aside the second object Dooku threw at him just as easily.

The ceiling cracked and crumbled, falling swiftly down towards him. Though Yoda did not feel any fear. He caught the rubble easily with the force, throwing it aside as he had with everything else Dooku had sent his way.

"Powerful you have become Dooku. The dark side, I sense in you," Yoda said sternly, eyeing Dooku sharply.

"I have become more powerful than any Jedi. Even you," Dooku said sharply, unleashing Sith Lightning on Yoda. Yoda tensed, mentally preparing himself as he stretched out his hand, absorbing the lightning with the tutaminis skill he had mastered long ago before firing it back at Dooku, who deflected it with his hand. Dooku tried again, though this time Yoda fully absorbed the Sith Lighting into himself.

"Much to learn, you still have," Yoda said smugly.

Dooku slowly reached for his lightsaber. "It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force; but by our skills with a lightsaber," Dooku said slowly.

Yoda watched Dooku closely as he activated his own lightsaber. Dooku moved first, but Yoda moved much faster, coming head on at Dooku in a blur of green. He jumped around the tall man, using his small height to his advantage as he fought Dooku mercilessly.

Yoda launched himself around Dooku repeatedly before they finally came to a standstill, their lightsabers locked. "Fought well you have, my old Padawan," Yoda said fiercely.

"This is just the beginning!" Dooku exclaimed. Holding Yoda's blade off with one hand, Dooku turned and crushed the base of one of the pillars in the room, causing it to begin to fall towards the wounded Kenobi and Skywalker. Immediately, Yoda broke away from the fight to stop the falling mass. The pang of fear from the two reached him clearly as he immersed himself in the Force, halting the pillar mere inches from the two Jedi. Yoda tossed moved it away from them, dropping it to the ground just behind their still forms. The commotion seemed to jolt Skywalker back to full consciousness, and Kenobi stirred, trying to move. Yoda sighed as Dooku's ship departed right behind him.

It would seem this war would not end today.

A moan of pain came from Skywalker as he regained consciousness. Yoda called his gimmer stick back to himself and slowly made his way over to the two Jedi that were currently trying to push themselves to at least sitting positions. Kenobi was on his feet first, leaning down to try and help his Padawan up despite his own injuries. However, it seemed Skywalker's mind was not on his own pain for long.

"Zee," he mumbled out. "Zelina!" he repeated a little louder, his eyes riveted to the spot where the girl lay motionless. Yoda switched course to approach the girl.

"Zelina!" Skywalker repeated, forcing himself to make his way towards Du'ahn. He reached out to the girl with his remaining arm, rolling her onto her back. Yoda quietly observed the deep concern and care that Skywalker had for the girl with a sharp eye. He didn't miss the mounting fear the boy had that he would lose her. He was doing nothing to hide, least of all control, the emotions that were currently spiraling out of control.