Chapter 7: The Kiss

"Hey!"

The peaceful silence that had settled over the lake shattered in the drop of a hat. Zelina erupted in a fit of giggles, as did Padme, while the currently soaking wet Anakin glowered at them both.

"What was that for?" he demanded, though as both girls continued to laugh his hard edge softened and a blush began to creep up his face. He ran a hand through his hair, trying to get rid of some of the water that was currently dripping from the strands of hair that stuck to each other and his forehead.

"Just to break the ice," Zelina said with a laugh, smiling innocently at him.

"Well, considering I'm already wet, I have nothing against tipping this little boat over and dumping us all into the water." As he spoke, his eyes danced with laughter. Zelina didn't doubt him for a moment, immediately putting on the most serious face she could muster.

"I don't think that's the best idea. Padme's dress won't allow for that to happen and for her to remain decent for the public," she said seriously.

Padme shook her head vigorously. "Not at all. Getting soaked is the last thing that should happen to me right now."

"There, two to one. Your revenge will have to wait till later Ani," Zelina laughed.

"Besides, aren't Jedi supposed to refrain from acting in revenge?" Padme chipped in.

Anakin stared at the two of them. "Are you two working together against me or something? If so, I demand we get another guy here so that the odds can even out some."

"Nope, you're not allowed backup, you have to work with what you've got," Zelina said cheerily.

"Oh, and by the way, there's a difference between getting revenge, and getting even...for example."

His tone of voice should have been her first warning, but for once, Zelina wasn't fast enough. Anakin sent a decent sized splash of water towards Zelina, getting her right in the face. She sputtered from shock while Anakin roared with laughter, Padme trying to stifle her own laughter and failing miserably to do so.

"There. Now we're even," Anakin chuckled.

"Don't think this is over Skywalker," Zelina said teasingly.

"I wouldn't dream of it Du'ahn," he shot back with a grin. Padme put her hands up defensively.

"So long as I don't get caught in the middle, I don't mind what you two do," she laughed.

"Good, because it might just get ugly," Zelina laughed.

"Of course I'll win considering I'm older and more experience," Anakin said smoothly. Zelina shot him a look.

"Not by much!" she protested.

"I'm twenty and your sixteen. That's four years difference."

Zelina scowled. "I'll be seventeen in a few days Ani, that's only three years difference."

"Your birthday is coming up?" Padme asked curiously.

Zelina nodded. "Yes, it is. Four days I believe. It's not that far away at all."

Padme's eyes sparkled. "We'll have to celebrate it while we're here."

Zelina blushed. "No, you don't need to make a big fuss over it, really."

Anakin chuckled from his seat at the front end of the boat. "You're always making a big deal out of my birthday. Now it's our turn to make a big deal out of yours. I'm up for whatever you come up with Padme," He said with a grin.