Chapter 4: A Different Arrangement

The next morning found Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Zelina in the Council Room, receiving new orders from the Council members. Obi-Wan met each of the Master's gazes head on, Anakin was staring at his feet with a frown on his face, and Zelina was bouncing between glancing at Anakin with a little bit of concern on her face and meeting the eyes of whatever Master was currently speaking.

"Track down this Bounty Hunter you must Obi-Wan," Yoda was saying.

"Most importantly, find out who he's working for," Windu added.

For once, Zelina was in agreement with him. However, there was a certain person weighing on her mind...

Obi-Wan frowned, voicing the same worry that Zelina was thinking. "What about Senator Amidala? She will still need protecting."

"Handle that, the Padawans will," Yoda said, pointing at both Anakin and Zelina. Zelina was a little startled. They were going to go on a mission together? Without their Masters?

Finally!

Anakin seemed to be experiencing the same emotions, though she didn't think it had quiet registered in his mind yet as Obi-Wan studied Anakin closely. Obviously, he had doubts about Yoda's statement.

"Anakin," Windu said, catching Anakin's attention immediately. "You and Zelina will escort the Senator back to her home planet of Naboo. She'll be safer there. And don't use registered transport: travel as refugees."

"As the leader of the opposition, it will be very difficult to get Senator Amidala to leave the Capital," Anakin said after a moment's silence.

"Until caught this killer is, our judgment, she must respect," Yoda said firmly.

"Anakin, Zelina; go to the Senate and ask Chancellor Palpatine to speak with her about this matter," Windu finished. Zelina had to hide the blanch that threatened to break through at the thought of having to talk to the Chancellor.

All three of them bowed, then made their exit. Obi-Wan glanced back at Anakin and Zelina. "You two should probably go see Palpatine. Depending on whether or not he's busy today, you might be there a while."

"I'm sure it won't take too long. Palpatine will take the time to listen to what we have to say, I know he will," Anakin said confidently. Zelina said nothing, and thankfully, neither of them pressed her for her opinion.

Obi-Wan sighed. "Either way, the sooner you talk to him the better."

"Yes Master..." Anakin said softly.

Obi-Wan nodded. "I'll see you two later."

Obi-Wan walked away, and as soon as it was just the two of them Zelina nudged Anakin with her elbow. "Well, what do you know? Our first mission without the supervision of our Masters...and it's just going to be you, me, and Padme. This should be fun."

Anakin chuckled a little. "It'll be interesting, that's for sure...though I can't help but feel nervous...it's my first time without Obi-Wan..."

"It's my first time without supervising us too you know," Zelina laughed, smiling warmly at him.

"Yes, I know," Anakin chuckled.

"You're not going to do anything stupid while we're on this little mission, are you Ani?" Zelina asked slyly.

Anakin shot her a hurt look. "Are you suggesting I can't handle this? That I always mess things up?"

Zelina laughed. "Loosen up Ani: I'm messing with you!"

He shook his head. "Some days Zee..."

Zelina chuckled, following him onto the shuttle they were taking to the Senate Building. "How did you sleep last night?"