13

[ Mark | Donghyuck | Kun | Jaehyun | Jeno | Lucas | Jungwoo | Jaemin ]

On the way back home, Jungwoo couldn't help but feel somewhat uneasy. He keeps rubbing his shoulders as if he's scared for what's to come.

"You think he's going to be alright?" Jungwoo shivers, glancing at Lucas who had a similar uneasy expression on his face. "Maybe we shouldn't have left him alone."

Without hesitation, Lucas takes off his jacket and places it over Jungwoo's shoulders. "Same, but what could we have done? We're not his parents and that's where he lives."

Jaemin kept on tugging on Lucas's pants before stopping on the sidewalk. He really did not want to leave Jeno alone. After all, they were best friends. Yes, he admits that he's worthy enough of giving him that title. "I'm not walking until you bring Jeno back to me!"

Normally, Jaemin's quite a really behaved kid. It's times like this where Jungwoo pulls through and reassures him that everything is going to be alright. "Jaemin, you're a big boy, right? Big boys don't—"

"I know! They don't," Jaemin starts curling up his fists, tears forming in his eyes. "Cry."

All Lucas could do was watch over his little brother while embracing him in a hug. He hasn't seen Jaemin cry ever since that incident. It's only when their two parents divorced, a couple years ago. "Nana, you can do this. We're almost home and you can see Jeno tomorrow."

Jaemin crinkles his nose and starts walking. At first, all he could do was turn around his head as Lucas pulled him farther away from Jeno's house. It was only until he couldn't see his house in the distance did he face forward with a frown. "I hate this. Why am I so powerless? Is it because I'm not Superman?"

"No honey, it's not your fault." Jungwoo heaves a loud sigh as he stops in front of his house. It wasn't a far walking distance from Jeno's house to his, but he's hoping that Lucas can comfort Jaemin without him. After all, that giant may be a brat, but his gestures are... warm. "Thanks for lending me your jacket. Take care of Jaemin, please."

Lucas didn't hesitate to answer back. It's going to be a brother to brother bonding night for the two. After all, he can sense that Jaemin would need to hold his hand until he falls asleep. He did that too the week after his parents divorced. Old habits stay longer than they should. "No problem, we will see you tomorrow."

-
A/N:
HELLO! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Just in time for an update!
This hasn't been updated in awhile. I'm so sorry for that. 😭