Chapter 16

I'm sorry it's taken so long to update! I have been busy with moving to college and the first two weeks of classes and such! Thank you for your patience :) I'll try to do better about updating!!

One side note right quick: Jordan, Taylor's cousin, is made up.

Once again, I unfortunately do not own Taylor Lautner and am not affiliated with his management, etc! That pretty much goes without saying, but I still have to say it sometimes ;)

Okay, sorry it's shorter, but here you go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16

*Hannah's POV*
The next week without Taylor passed so slowly. He texted and called me still... but I was recoiling into myself, and I knew he could tell.  
I was in love with him, and that terrified me. He was a superstar. Literally the most gorgeous teenaged male on the face of the earth. He had girls after him that were levels of beauty I wouldn’t be until I died and went to heaven. I stood no chance. His birthday was tomorrow. I wanted so badly to do something special for him, but what do you get for a person who has everything? You give them love, my heart and brain simultaneously told me. Love? I scoffed. He didn't need or want the kind of love I would give him.

*Taylor's POV*
I missed her. More than I should. She was being so distant and sounded so sad... I should go see her as a present to myself! I thought. But I had only left her a week ago... She probably doesn't even miss me that much... Sighing I looked in the mirror. I handy been resting well. Sleeping next to her had been a mistake... Not because I regretted our long talks or waking up to her beautiful face, but because I had found I couldn't really sleep well without her. I shook my head at my reflection. Idiot. Pansy.
I heard my baby cousin Jordan walk into my room and sit on my bed.
"So," she said.
"What do you need, munchkin?"
"I am fourteen, Taylor, don't call me that!"
"Oh I am sorry, madam, I didn't realize that the nickname 'munchkin' is not allowed when you have reached the lofty age of fourteen," I said in a posh accent.
She narrowed her eyes at me. "I hate you. Anyway, I came in here to say that I am sick of you moping around missing your girl. Go see her, dumbass! Like now!"
"She isn't my girl..."
"Are you f*cking kidding me right now? You're Taylor f*cking Jacob Black Lautner! She would be an idiot if she–"
"Where the hell did you pick up that filthy language, sailor?!"
"School, okay?” Jordan replied, rolling her eyes. “Stay on the subject, douche. Look. You are crazy for this girl. If she isn't crazy about you then she is just insane. So go! Get. Your. Girl. Hell, bring her back here! We would all like to meet her!"
“She isn’t my girl, though, Jordan! I can’t exactly bring her to ‘meet the family’ when we aren’t even dating...” I said, sitting down beside her.
“Then why the hell are you here?! You should be still in Minnesota making her fall as much in love with you as you are with her!”
“She wouldn’t–hey! I’m not in love with her!” I protested.
Jordan pushed me off the bed. “Like hell you aren’t!”
“You really need to work on your vocabulary...”
“Shut up. I can f*cking say whatever I f*cking want to. And stop changing the subject!”
“You’ve been watching too many Kingsley videos.”
“Hey I love Kingsley! Did you see the one where–”
“Jordan.”
“What?”
“You have an eyelash on your nose.”
She raised her eyebrows at me.
“Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood, sheesh,” I said, a bit intimidated.
Rolling her eyes again, she stood up. “Look, bro. I’m sick of your whipped ass moping around here like you don’t have a happy thought in your brain. It’s f*cking annoying. Plus, I’d really like to meet the girl that tamed you... She must be something.”
“She’s everything,” I blurted out, looking at my hands. Why did I say that? I shouldn’t have said that, I thought in panic.
“Then once again, why are you here and not there with her?!”
“She doesn’t like me like that, Jordan!”
“How do you know?” she asked, crossing her arms.
“Well, I–...I mean, you know, she just... she’s too good for me...” I stammered, confused.
“You’re scared shitless that she would hurt you, aren’t you?”
Damn Jordan and her uncanny way of effortlessly reading the fears of my heart. “I guess so,” I admitted with a shrug.
“She honestly is probably feeling the same.”
“Why would she feel that? She isn’t the one that has people throwing themselves at her constantly... she isn’t the one that has to watch every single person she knows to see if they have an angle... I can’t fall in love with just anyone, Jordan. If I get hurt, if I mess up, the whole world knows. The whole world asks questions. I just can’t–”
“You can’t what? Trust her? She’s your best friend isn’t she? Why are you doubting her? Has she given you a reason to not trust her?”
“No, but–”
“Try to put yourself in her shoes. I don’t know the girl, but honestly, if I found out my long distance online best friend was the biggest teenage male icon in the world, I would not only freak out internally, I would be scared to death I was going to lose that person. Think about it, Taylor... I personally don’t have that many friends. From what you’ve told me, she’s shy and quiet so she probably doesn’t either, which means trust isn’t something she gives out liberally...” Jordan sat back down beside me and continued, “If you’re her best friend, she probably loves and trusts you more than anyone else. Hannah is more than likely so afraid she is going to lose you as a friend that she–”
“Why would she be afraid of that??” I interrupted, confused. “I would never–”
“She would think that because the second she found out who you were, her thoughts of you probably shifted slightly, even though it might have been only subconsciously. You became this unattainable person she is privileged to know, but that she will probably lose someday.”
“She wouldn’t lose me though!” I said in frustration. “I love her, she’s my best friend–”
“Then go show her that.”
“I don’t understand–”
“You’re a boy. Of course you wouldn’t,” Jordan said sarcastically. “Trust me. She needs you.”
I bit my lip, trying to comprehend what my cousin had said.
“Well?” she said, standing up again.
“Okay,” I replied slowly. “I’m going to go get her.”