Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The next morning came way too early. Tay and I had actually reached the ask limit on Tumblr so I gave him my Skype name. He told me he didn’t want to video chat yet, and I agreed that I didn’t want to yet either; but we just chatted until 3 AM. I didn’t mind at all really. This boy was someone I felt an instant connection with.

I heard Rachel’s car horn and ran downstairs, running late again.

“Hey gurrrr!” she yelled as I got into her car.
“Not so loud,” I glared at her.
“Why? Are you hungover or something?” she asked only half sarcastically.
I only sent her another glare which caused her to laugh at me. We both knew I didn’t like to get that drunk.
She and I drove up to school. I wasn’t surprised when I saw Will, Jeff, and Austin waiting for us. Apparently, Austin had gotten her number yesterday.
“Okay, Hannah, act cool,” she whispered as we got out of her car.
“When am I not cool?” I asked, raising my eyebrow at her.
She rolled her eyes and walked towards them. I followed her, watching the boys watch her. I was a little shocked at what I saw. Surprisingly enough, Austin wasn’t looking at her the way I expected him to. He had told me yesterday that he liked her, but right now he was looking at her as if she were a piece of meat. I narrowed my eyes at him. Jerk. Player. Wolf. UGH. My gaze shifted to Jeff. He was smiling at us both with a cute expression on his face. He seemed like a very upfront person. No mystery, just what you saw was what you got. I then looked at Will, and his gaze was the one that shocked me. He was looking at Rachel the way I had expected Austin to. As if she were the prettiest, cleverest, most perfect thing ever to bounce through his world. Hmmmm.... I would definitely have to investigate this. I certainly liked Will as far as I could tell. He wasn’t a player, and had a certain aura about him that just made him more attractive than Austin even though he wasn’t technically as handsome.
“Hello, ladies,” Austin said in that drawl of his.
I rolled my eyes and walked passed him, not even bothering to acknowledge him this morning.
“Wait,” I heard a voice say before I had reached the doors of the school. I turned around and saw Will jogging after me.
“Hey,” I said with a small smile, not sure of what to make of this.
“Hi,” he said, slightly ill-at-ease.
“You need something?” I asked bluntly, but not unkindly.
He looked at his shoes and hesitated, “I... well, I was wondering, do you know if Rachel is interested in Austin?”
I shrugged, “No idea. I don’t think she is all that much. Just enjoys a good flirt...”
His face lit up a split second before he put on his usual passive look and said levelly, “Oh good. He’s one of my best friends, but he is a jerk to girls. Wouldn’t want her to get hurt. Thanks, Hannah!” and with that he walked into the building.
I stood there, slightly stunned. He knew who I was? How did he know my name?

Rachel and I went for lunch at a local sandwich shop. We had just ordered when Will and Jeff walked in. I wondered where the third member of the wolf pack was, but decided not to say anything.

“Hey guys!” Rachel smiled.
“Hi, dolls!” Jeff grinned and went up to the counter to order.
Will looked at Rachel and then at me. I raised my eyebrow at him and glanced at Rachel then back to him quickly, indicating that he should talk to her. He shook his head so slightly I almost didn’t catch it. I narrowed my eyes and walked off to sit down. I knew he was probably shooting daggers at me while I wasn’t looking, but I didn’t care.
Jeff came and sat down across from me. I looked up at him and gave him a cheesy grin which he returned.
“So,” he said.
“So,” I replied.
“Five bucks says that Will asks Rachel to prom in April.”
I burst out laughing, “Jeff, that’s like eight months away!”
“He’s a slow mover,” Jeff winked.
“And Austin is after her...” I said pensively.
Jeff sobered, “That too. I love Austin, and God knows I’d probably kill for that boy, but damn it all if I don’t want to strangle him most of the time.”
I laughed again and said “Yeah I know how you feel. So. Will and Rachel, huh?”
“Eventually!” he smiled. “Honestly, they’re kinda perfect. She really makes him happy, and that’s really good.”
“Nawww, I thought someone who made you happy was bad,” I said sarcastically.
Jeff rolled his eyes at me and said, “You know what I meant, smarty.”
We both stopped talking as Rachel and Will walked over to us.
“It is suspicious how you both stopped talking,” Will commented, looking pointedly at me.
I looked at him innocently, “Oh we were only talking about how Jeff and Ashton were—”
“I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT,” Rachel half shouted. Ashton was Jeff’s girlfriend. They hadn’t actually done much, but the whole school seemed to think otherwise.
Jeff and I laughed, causing Will to glare at both of us. Darn it, he wasn’t buying it.

As soon as Rachel took me home I ran upstairs to my room. It felt like Deja Vu since I had done exactly the same thing yesterday.
I logged onto Skype and almost immediately received a chat from Tay.

toolatetogoback: "HANNNNNAHH!! there you are!!"

bluebird: “lol yep ;) hey! How are you today?"

toolatetogoback: "meh I've been better... How about you?"

bluebird: "I'm fine! Been busy trying to set my friend Rachel up with a boy at school ;P"

toolatetogoback: "lol how is that working out for you?"

bluebird: "hmmm... I think it is going to be a successful operation."

toolatetogoback: "well good ;)"

We continued to talk all afternoon, and he even helped me a bit with my homework. He was really good at college algebra.
I had not told Rachel about him yet. She thought I was weird with all my internet friends. Besides, I wanted to get to know him a bit better before talking about him to anyone. Time would tell how everything would work out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry it's so short! :(