9//

a simple text appeared on sooyoung's phone, reading "i'm here!" from her favorite girl. she peaked at the window, revealing the adorable yerim dressed in a bright red sweater. a smiled formed on sooyoung's face as she realized just how happy she was to have yerim with her.

sooyoung opened the door for the girl, in which yerim instantly hugged her. "hi, i missed you."

"i missed you too," yerim said as she found herself sitting on the couch next to sooyoung. the younger girl grabbed sooyoung's arms and placed them onto her shoulders, in which yerim leaned closer to the older girl.

sooyoung started to feel her warm cheeks as she noticed what yerim had just done. she noticed how cute the younger girl looked when her focus was on the show playing on the television. sooyoung began to lean in to give the latter a kiss on the cheek, when her phone rang from the table in front of the two.

"sorry, i have to take it," sooyoung said as she got out of yerim's grasp and walked to her bedroom with her phone in-hand.

"hey, unnie," sooyoung said to begin the conversation.

"sooyoung!! are you with yerim?!" seungwan yelled at her friend.

"yes, why?" sooyoung said after startling due to seungwan's harsh tone.

"don't you know how dangerous she is? she looks innocent, but looks are deceiving!"

"unnie, you don't know anything about her. just please, let me be," sooyoung snapped as she ended the call in anger.

she walked back into the living room and sat down with yerim, placing a fake smile on her face.

"oh, hi," yerim said as she placed sooyoung's arm in its past state. "was that wendy unnie?"

"wendy unnie?" sooyoung said in confusion. "how could she know about seungwan unnie's nickname?" she thought.

"it's nothing, let's get back to this show, shall we?" yerim insisted.

for the majority of the time, sooyoung could feel her body grow with worry as she stayed next to yerim. the constant words of "she's dangerous" and "looks are deceiving" felt like the only words that were processing in her mind.

"unnie?" the younger girl said, noticing how quiet sooyoung had become.

yerim held onto the older's girl's hand and brought the both of them outside, shaking sooyoung into getting out of her trance. "what's going on?" sooyoung asked.

"i felt like we could use a walk, you know, have some fun," yerim said with a smile as she also insisted for soooyoung to lock the door, in which she did.

the two walked around the entire neighborhood, passed yerim's house, and walked past their university while casually holding hands. sooyoung had never felt more at-peace with herself and the world as she had thought happiness would never find her again. she believed she could never have a good relationship with anyone because of her past with sungjae and her sister, but her friendship with yerim clearly showed otherwise.

yerim was also happy. she thought that no one would care about her because she had always cared for her younger sisters. but there she was, looking at sooyoung as if the world was right next to her. she couldn't help but realize that sooyoung looked so different from sorim— how powerful and detailed sooyoung's features were compared to sorim's.

the younger's stomach growled as they reached a korean-grill restaurant nearby. "the stomach never lies," yerim said as she softly giggled.

"what do you want to do, unnie?" yerim spoke to break the silence.