Remnants 04

"Yah, Seulgi!" A familiar voice suddenly echoed inside the classroom.

Seulgi never turned for she already knew who it was. "What?" She turned another page of her favorite book. It was about a man who survived in poverty though he was blind. She likes it because she can get ideas how to survive life.

"Yah," Her best friend seated on the chair in front of her. She put the book down, which Seulgi was holding, so Seulgi could see her face. When Seulgi met her eyes, no doubt, she's excited to tell her about something.

"What?" Seulgi was annoyed. She seldom hates it when someone disturb her from her ritual, which is reading books. As long as the news is worth it, she'll remain silent.

"Did you hear about the new lady in town?" Town means school.

"Yep." She raised the book up again so she could continue reading it.

"Did you see her?" Her best friend pulled the book from her hands again and quickly put it under her desk.

"Krys!" She shouted. She attempted to get it from her but Krystal was so desperate to stop her friend from reading a not-so-wonderful story of an unknown person. "Give it back to me." Seulgi urged.

"What's so good about it?" Krystal wondered out loud.

"What's so good about her?" Seulgi challenged.

"Have you met her?"

"I don't care. Give me back my book, Krys." Seulgi opened her palm in front of Krystal. She's keeping her temper down.

"Have you met her?" Krystal repeated, emphasizing the word her.

Seulgi was confused. She looked at her best friend and what she saw was a face curving the side of her lips to a smirk. Her eyes were about to explode from excitement.

Seulgi exhaled sharply. "Okay," she arranged herself to a comfortable position on her chair. She decided to listen to her friend to whatever she's going to say. "Tell me, why are you so excited about the new student?" She crossed her legs.

"Have you met her?" Krystal stood up just to sit in Seulgi's table. "I keep asking you this question like what, 3rd time? But you never answer me."

"Nope." Seulgi shrugged. "Now, give me my book."

"Damn, you're an annoying bitch. Do you know that?"

"And why would you say that?"

Krystal leaned her face closer to Seulgi. "Because you are going to miss the good stuff if you're not making your damn move now and meet the girl." She whispered.

Seulgi raised her eyebrows, still doesn't understand what Krystal was trying to say.

"Seulgi, she's here!" Krystal holds her in the collar, shaking her friend.

"Stop." Seulgi was trying to pulled her friend's hand from her collar. "Who's here? I just don't---"

"Joohyun."

"Care---" Seulgi paused. "Who?" She asked, her voice was small. Is it the girl who invaded her mind for years?

Krystal nodded her head excitedly. She finally got her friend's attention. "Bae Joohyun."

Seulgi's eyes opened widely and her mouth left ajar. "There's no way in the world she will be here. She's in Daegu."

"She's here!" Krystal half-whispered half-shouted. She was pulling and pushing Seulgi by holding her shoulders.