Not Christmas Without You (a.a)

Hi, I'll try to keep this short as I know no one really reads these. Comment below if you read all this. I hope you love Austin Abrams as much as I do. Enjoy pretend dating him in your head while reading this. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me. Without further ado the story.

"I'm gonna miss you, y/n." Austin kisses you lightly.

"Hey, I'll see you before New Years." You were at the airport in Florida where you rented an apartment with the heart throb, Austin Abrams. You were flying to see your family for Christmas.

"It's not Christmas without you." He mumbles into your hair while squeezing the life out of you. You smile and blush despite hating cliches you have to admit it sounds romantic coming out of his mouth.

You stand on your tippy toes to reach his mouth. "I'll miss you too." You say as you pull away.

"Now boarding flight 106 to Portland, Oregon."

You give him one last squeeze before rolling your carry-on to the gate with you. You could feel his eyes on you and him waving but you keep walking.

***

You breath out shakily as you place your headphones on. You had never been in a plane by yourself and the thought slightly unnerved you but you decided to put on some music to calm your nerves.

Scrolling through Spotify you click on a random playlist, your mind wanders backs to Austin. How he always found time for you even if he was far away shooting some movie. You'd never had to feel jealous that he'd leave you. Even though he was a fairly popular actor and you yourself just a pet shop owner. Your relationship had equal trusts and values. It was perfect despite the few bickerings the pair of you had like any other couple. You scuff at the first song that plays on your playlist, I Miss You by Blink-182.

Soon enough you're off in the air, the guy next to you skimming a magazine. You smile sadly as you see a picture of Austin advertising a fancy watch. "This is going to be a long flight," you sigh.

***

You knock three times to be greeted by your Mom and step-dad. "Merry Christmas, y/n!" They drown you in a hug, you weren't much of a hugger but with Austin that want much of an issue. All you ever wanted was for him to wrap his arms around you and play with your hair, which you didn't let anyone but him do.

You step through the door and see your brother and step-siblings. After greeting everyone helps to make the annual Christmas Eve meal and then feasts afterwards. You smile raising your glass of white wine, almost forgetting about your heartache.

***

At 3 a.m. your woke up with a pounding headache. "Grrrrrrrrrr." You say getting up and creeping into the kitchen.

"Y/n?" You gasp nearly dropping your glass. "Y/b/n (your brother's name), you scared me."

He grins flipping on the light afterwards growing very serious. He sits at the island patting a seat next to him, you sip your water and sit next to him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay." You lie.

"Cut the bullshit. I know something's wrong. You love Christmas, so spill." Your mouth falls open at his concern. He was obviously good with the ladies despite barely turning 16. It's funny your lived with him for 13 years but never knewn that he noticed things almost as well as you did.

"I... Austin... We..." You stumble on your words. His eyebrows fur. "You better not have broken up with him. He's like my older brother."

"No, no, no." He'd been in your life too long for you to imagine him not being. "I just really miss him. For the past three years I've spent nearly everyday with him." You continue when you notice how much attention he's paying.

***

Austin must be feeling the same way you thought as you flopped back on to the couch. You imagine his peaceful face as he sleeps. You fall into a dreamless sleep.

***

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"I'll get it." You slip on your blanket as part of your delusion. You grumble swear words as you walk to the door brushing your hair back, wondering who would be knocking at 6 a.m. Maybe the dog got out again.

"Hello?" You open the door to be crushed into a hug.

"Y/n." You raise your head. His brown hair covered in snow. "Austin." You shake your head. "Wait. What are you doing here? What about your parents?"

"It isn't Christmas without the one you love." You gasp as he gets down on one knee. "Y/n y/l/n, you're the smartest, funniest, sexiest, caring person I've ever know. I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. Will you making me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

Sorry for the abrupt ending, haha, not really. Hope you enjoyed. Have a great, wonderful, joyful Christmas.

Comment below if you have any suggestions for further one-shots. Love you all and thanks for reading.