The Haunted Maze

Enjoy!

A scream pierced though the dark cold night making you shiver. You hoped your friend f/n and Austin didn't notice. Yes, you're friends with Austin Abrams. The Austin Abrams. He's been your best friend since you were both 4.

"Cold?" Austin grins his cute half smile that he knows annoys you.

You roll your eyes at home and pull your jacket tighter around your shoulders and smirk at him. "Is that a sense of dread that I see?"

He shrugs as you three move up to the front of the line.

"Tickets." The tall man said.

You put your hands in you pockets. "Shit! I lost mine!"

Austin and f/n grin. "You told me to hold for you so you wouldn't miss it." F/n produces two red tickets from her purse.

"Oops I forgot..." You explain mentally face palming.

F/n put her arm around you. "You'd forget your head if it wasn't attached."

You shrug her arm off. "I'm sorry but I'm really attached to my head. It's my favorite head this month."

F/n and Austin laugh as you all enter the haunted maze. You walk her a bit until you come to a fork. "AGGGGGG!" You hear a voice say from the corn.

You freak out and start running. (Haha, you're a maze runner.)

"Y/n!" You hear Austin running after you. You stop and start laughing. As soon as he caught up to you he looked you up and down. "What's so funny?"

"That was so much fun." You look into his hazel-brown eyes. "Wait where's f/n?"

"I know where your friend is!" A voice booms as a chainsaw starts up. Austin's eyes flashed a fear of no belief before he grabbed your hand and started running, pulling you alone with him.

You could almost laugh at the irony, except you couldn't. You pull on Austin's arm. "Stop, you are save you little baby." He stops.

"I won't be too sure about that!" This time you took off running with your hand still intertwined with his.

"Woah slow down," he yelps a little too late. You crash down onto the dirt. "Ow," you moan rubbing your shin.

"You good?" Austin asks as he helps you get tot your feet.

"I'm okay," you brush off the dirt from your now slightly wrinkled shirt.

"Y/n," he sighs, "there's something I need to tell you." Your eyes slowly meet his. You couldn't help but blush, it was like he was seeing your emotions now.

You jumps and start to run as you hear the chainsaw start up again. You run in between the corn stalks until you made it out even though you weren't supposed to.

"Austin!" You yell hoping to get a glance of his brown hair. He was no where in sight.

Many bystanders give you a weird look but you shrug them off determined to find Austin. You shale off your nerves as you step back into the corn.

You stop when you come to a fork in the maze. "Austin!" You call again. No response. You call again this time more hopeful.

"I know where your friend is," a voice from behind you makes you jump. You turn around slowly to see a scary clown. "If this is some attempt to scare me I swear I'll kill you." Your words caught the clown by surprise as he backs up a bit.

"I'm being serious," he grabs your arm, "come one."

After ten minutes of walking you come to a clearing. The clown pushes you toward the clearing. "He's in there."

You roll your eyes ready to find Austin and go home. You push the corn roughly aside and see Austin. The chainsaw guy caught up with him.

Austin pales as the chainsaw gets closer and closer to him. "Hey!" You say surprised at your own voice. "Leave him alone!"

The chainsaw stops and the guy turns to chase some other victims. You rush to Austin. "You okay?"

He smiles as you help him to his feet. "I am now."

You couldn't take it anymore. "Austin, I like you."

He smiles even bigger. "I like you too, y/n."

You both step closer to each other closing the gap between you. You hear laughing behind you as your lips meet his.

F/n stands behind you holding hands with the clown.

"Whhhhhhat?" You say your mouth agape.

"Finally you two are gettin together, you guys are my otp." She says dabbing at her eyes.

Your roll your eyes. "This was a set up?" She nods. "Then who's the clown."

"Oh, that's my boyfriend." She says.

"Hey," he says.

"Jerks," you mumble.

As the four of you walk out of the maze together Austin grabs your hand and you can't help but wonder what will happen next.

Happy Halloween if you celebrate. Hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful week. ~Cassie