Epilogue

It was the night of the ball. 

Each girl being in a flawless dress, while the boys were in their elegant suits. The music, calm yet energetic, a sign that this was the end of their big journey through high school.

Rebecca walked into the room, her rose red dress, complimenting her bright green eyes, as her head was left in soft curls, with a silver flower holding it in the back. Her silver heels and clutch shined brightly under the lights on the roof, making her look gentle, almost magical.

Of course the thing that really made her beautiful was the gentle smile on her face as she looked around for the person her heart desired. She glanced at her wrist, where a beautiful pink rose was placed by the same person.

Her thoughts on the beautiful flower and loving person were once cut off by a group of girls, her girls, heading in her way, all laughing joyfully. First to approach was of course, her very own right hand, Jessica. She wore a soft periwinkle, strapless dress, which reached to the ground. Her beautiful black hair was put in a long braid at the back, with small flowers in between each twist, making it sparkle with every move. Her clutch was the shade of her dark locks as well as her matching heels, with a beautiful blue orchid on her wrist.

Next was the volleyball captain, Caroline. Her beautiful, long blond hair was elegantly placed in a bun, making her blue eyes pop. Her dress reached to her knees, in sot lilac shade with ruffles at the end. Her heels were in a soft golden colour along with her clutch as a soft yellow alstroemeria corsage was on her wrist , making her elegance and grace stand out. 

Finally the third girl was the tennis captain, Hilary. Her dress also reached to her knees, in a cool beige colour, making her stand out with her flaming auburn hair, which was straight, placed in a half up in a bun and half let down. A soft beige clutch and a pair of heels, made her hazel eyes stand out, making her flawless, yet powerful. And on her wrist was a corsage of white freesias.

''Becca! You look gorgeous!'' Jessica cheered as she hugged her best fried tightly, letting her soon for her to hug the other girls in their little group.

''Thanks, Jess, you all look dashing.''

''Not as much as you, girl.'' Hilary said with a soft smile as she looked around. ''We are finally here girls, 4 years of Hell and we are finally here, our goal!''

''Don't get so excited, you know how the finals are.'' Caroline commented, puffing childishly. ''Where is Oliver? I thought he would be here with you.''

''He left the corsage on my front door and left before I was able to see him. He called me to meet here.''

''Strange.'' Jess commented as she put a finger under her chin, deep in though. ''Luke did the same thing.''

''So did Jeff.''

''And Hunter.''

''You don't think they were planning this, right?'' Jessica asked while looking around.

''They don't have the brains to come up with such a plan.'' Caroline spoke, making all four girls laugh.

''Well that wasn't nice, was it?'' the music suddenly stopped, cutting off Hilary before she could finish.

The three girls turned to where the lights were flickering, making all four gasp. There they were, surrounded by the football, basketball and swimming teams, all smirking in the direction of the girls.

''What is going on?'' Caroline asked, her soft cheeks turning pink from the attention towards them.

After she spoke, they parted way, creating a big line, each having four different flowers in hand. A pink rose, a blue orchid, a yellow alstroemeria and a white freesia. One by one, each of the players approached the girls, giving each, one of the flowers, which was the same as the corsage on their wrist.

When the last guy gave his flowers, the teams disappeared into the room with people, leaving the girls in silence. Suddenly four figures approached from the hallway, the sight making almost every girl in the room melt. The four most handsome guys in the school, all in suits, with slicked hair and a handsome smile on their faces.

The first to approach them was Jeff, who immediately took Caroline's free hand and kissed it. Followed by Hunter, who approached Hilary, Luke who stepped next to Jessica and finally Oliver, who went by Rebecca.

''Rebecca Steward, four years ago I promised you to go with you to the festival, and each year ever since, I have failed to do so. So it will be my honor to finally make it up to you, by accompanying you at our prom, where our adventure stops.'' he spoke, making whispers fill the room.

''Jessica White, we have been together ever since I was captured deep into your bright blue eyes. You showed me that it's nor important what others thing and say, as long as you are in the warmth of friends and loved ones. Thank you, Jess.''

''Caroline Smith, I have been a jerk to you so many times. We have argued and broken up multiple times, all for silly reasons, but in the end, we stayed together. I am so very thankful that you could deal with my bullsh*t all these years and even more that nothing could change that smile on your face.''

''Hilary Ramirez, I remember that Latina that came into this school two years ago. The nervous, shy girl, that would always avoid people. The moment our hands touched at the library for the first time, I was all yours and I knew you were something special. You still are, Hil.''

The room filled with claps from the other students as the calm, slow music came into a view, signaling for everyone to join for a slow dance at the floor. Rebecca placed her hand in Oliver's palm as they made their way to the dancefloor. She placed her hands on his shoulders as she felt strong, protective arms around her waist, making her heart skip a beat.

''Thank you, for everything.'' Rebecca spoke gently as she looked up into his hazel eyes.

''Everything for you. I am just sorry that I couldn't hold you like this sooner.'' he spoke before slowly leaning down, placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

''This night is something I will always remember, Oli.'' she spoke out his nickname after years, her head laying gently on his chest.

''I hope you well, Becca. I hope you will.'' he spoke gently before kissing her head.

The End.