♡6♡

~6 months later.~

"Lannan I swear to god if you don't give me the remote." Currently me and Lannan are on the opposite sides of the couch, fighting over the remote.

"What are you gonna do If I don't?" Lannan questioned wiggling it in his fingers.

"You won't get your present." I huffed and crossed my arms, smiling.

"That's not bloody fair!" He yelled putting the remote down by his side. A fake frown grew on his face.

"Give me the remote Lannan."

"Fine." Lannan tossed me the remote and walked into my kitchen. He's been weird lately. Now I felt kinda bad, he's such a sweet person. He sat on a barstool and leaned his head on his hand.

"Hey." I went up to him and wrapped my arms around him, resting my head on his shoulder. "We can watch whatever you want."

"I'm fine, just do whatever." Lannan gave me a slight smile.

"I'm not dumb, what's wrong?" I asked, sitting next to him.

"Nothing, Caroline. I'm just tired okay?" He raised his voice and put his hand up in the air.

"Okay." I leaned my head against his shoulder. We went from laughing to sitting here acting depressed.

There's no reason to be sad, I mean we've been dating for 5 months, we have our own home, and we love each other. He hasn't been the same since we got into that accident a few weeks ago, after I was hospitalized.

It was a dark warm night.. We were on our way home after taking out Bodhi for his birthday, when a drunk driver hit the passenger side of the car. The side which I was on. A shard of glass slit the side of my throat. Lannan pulled me out of the car and onto the ground, doing everything he could to stop me from bleeding. I heard Bodhi screaming and crying behind Lannan. Lannan was crying and holding my neck and hand.

"is Bodhi okay?" I coughed, blood came from my mouth.

"Yes, he's fine, you're going to be okay Caroline. I promise you." After that I blacked out, my life in fact did flash before my eyes.

I woke up 8 days later in a hospital, my family beside me but I didn't see lannan. I couldn't talk, eat, or drink. While I was in that horrible place, I lost 20 pounds. (She was originally 125 pounds, now only 104.) The next week, Lannan took me home. That's when he wasn't completely him anymore.

      I blame myself for everything that's happened. It's now summer and everything is okay, so I think. Lannan thinks that it's all his fault, which it wasn't and it breaks my heart. Every night in bed when he thinks I'm finally asleep, he touches the scar on my neck. It breaks my heart to hear him sigh and lay his head in my neck. I could never lose him, even he is just a high school sweetheart. A sweetheart that I hope I have a future with. I would love to marry him and have kids, just like a normal person would. But right now we need to focus on us and our education.

       "I love you Lannan." I mumbled, resting my cheek on his shoulder.

       "I love you too Caroline." He turned toward me and cupped my face with his hand, giving me a slight smile. Then he picked me on the lips and walked away into the bedroom.