“What happened between us was years ago. Why can’t you just get over it? Getting revenge isn’t always the answer.” I replied.

            “Haven’t you ever heard of karma’s a bitch? Years ago, you ruined me. And out of all people, you picked me. How could you do that? Karma is getting back at you, I’m just helping out. You’re going to regret what you did, Jace.” He snarled.

        “I’ve come here to try and settle our disputes. You’ve done things in the past that are equal to what I did. You aren’t a saint here either.” I snapped, my anger getting the best of me.

            “Oh, I know I’m not a saint. That’s why this is all happening. We’re both the devils here, Jace. There’s no settling our disputes. What happened in the past can’t be forgotten.” He growled at me, putting my wolf on edge even more. I was seconds away from losing control.

            “I think it’s best that you leave my territory.” I said calmly, trying to repress my wolf from taking control and killing the man.

            “Yeah, your territory.” He replied, emphasizing “your,” in the comment. I knew why he did that and honestly, it pissed me off even more, but not as much as what he said next. He was pushing my buttons and it took everything for me not to snap.

            “Tell Isabella I said hello and that things are going to get much worse.” He said smugly, as he turned around and walked away.

         It killed me inside that I couldn’t rip his throat out and tear him limb from limb. I watched him walk away, disappearing into the darkness of the forest. I knew that he was warning me and that I needed to watch Izzy more closely now. He put me on edge, but so did many other things. There were so many problems and dangers that affected Izzy, our children and I.

            I walked back to the house, needing sleep because for some reason, I felt like tomorrow was going to be a long day. The silence of the forest was just what I needed. The quietness calmed me down and let me relax. My mind drifted off to this evening with Izzy. I was glad that she had forgiven me and I truly had an amazing night with her, as I do whenever I’m with her. I’d never done anything so romantic for her and I think she was shocked. It made me smile that I could do something like that for her to make her happy. It was nice spending the evening with her, since I’ve been busy with Alpha stuff and she was busy with the twins.

            I did have to admit, I felt bad that she was raising them and spending more time with them than me, but it’s not like I can just take a break from being Alpha. It was a full time commitment. Brent and Gavin would have to step up and help me because I did want to help her out more and spend more time with her and the twins. I wasn’t going to be a father who barely saw his kids and wife.

            I entered the pack house, not trying to be loud because everyone was sleeping now. I crept up the stairs, hoping that Izzy wasn’t asleep yet, though I figured she would be. She looked tired when I left her. I entered the bedroom, having to be silent because of the twins. I entered the bathroom to change for bed. Once I had my boxers on, I walked back into the bedroom and crawled into bed, next to my beautiful mate. She shuffled and turned her body so that she was facing me, so I knew she was still awake.

            I couldn’t help but think how perfect this moment was. If only reality wouldn’t happen in the morning and the dangers of the world could just go away. She wrapped her arms around me, placing her lips against mine, causing me to instantly kiss her back.

            “I love you.” She whispered, instantly turning me on. Just hearing those three words sent tingles throughout my body, and made my wolf go crazy.         

            “I love you too, my love.” I muttered, kissing her again with much more passion.

            I wrapped my arms around her petite waist, pulling her close to me as I deepened the kiss, her soft lips moving against mine. I wasn’t sure if I was imagining things as we pulled away but I swear I heard her sniffle, like she had been crying or was going to cry. I was probably just hearing the twins or hearing things. She turned away from me so that her back was against me. I wrapped my arms protectively around her waist, spooning her. I could stay in this position forever and never get sick of it. Before I knew it, I drifted off to sleep, thinking of my beautiful wife and mate.

            I woke up the next morning at about seven o’clock in the morning. I groaned, stretching my stiff muscles. I sighed, thinking about all the paperwork and research I had to do today. I realized that Izzy was already awake, but not in the room. She was probably downstairs eating breakfast. The twins were still sleeping and I was thankful that they slept through the whole night.

            Something caught my eye on Izzy’s pillow. It was a note, addressed to me. My mind suddenly went to the worst situation. Was this from Jason or Dillon? My heart started to race as I opened the note. It took everything I had not to break down right then and there as I read the note.

            “Leaving you is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. I’m crying as I write this note. Please don’t blame yourself because it’s not your fault at all. I’m madly in love with you, Jace Adair, but I can’t let you and the twins get hurt because of me. Dillon came into my dreams and told me I had to turn myself into him or he’d take the twins and raise them to be killers. Then he’d take me anyways. I wanted to tell you, I really did but I didn’t have the guts. If you knew, you would have made me stay. Please forgive me. Promise me that you won’t try and find me because I can’t stand the thought of you dying on me. I had an amazing time last night and I will never forget it. Keep the scrapbook in a safe place, so you’ll always remember me. I love you more than air. This is killing me, but it’s something that has to be done. I still have the necklace that you gave to me when we first started dating. It’s hung on my neck, always reminding me of you, along with my wedding ring. Maybe I’ll see you again, I hope I do. Forever and Always, Isabella.”

            Tears filled my eyes because I knew she was gone. The love of my life was gone and could be in danger. Dillon wasn’t someone to mess with. A low growl escaped my throat as my wolf fought for dominance. I just can’t believe she didn’t tell me about this. Sure, I wouldn’t have let her leave, but I could have protected her and tracked Dillon down. He wouldn’t have ever got to her or the twins.

            I threw the note onto the bed, shouting out order for everyone to get up. My wolf had taken over now, no longer allowing me to be in control. All he wanted was his mate back. How could she leave us? Where was she? Was she alright? Those questions seemed to make my wolf angrier. I instructed Alia to watch the twins as I took Gavin, and all our best trackers and fighters with me to find Izzy. Brent stayed back with other fighters just incase there was an attack. I planned on doing anything to get my mate back, even if it killed me.

Hey everyone, here's another update!!! This chapter started from when Izzy adn Jace got back from the cave and their date, if you couldn't tell. Please comment and vote, i'm starting to think you've all stopped reading!!! :( Anyways, what did you think of Jace's POV? I'm probably going to be updating on Fridays or Saturdays from now on just because during the week i'm super busy!!!

The Question of the chapter is:

Who do you think the mystery guy Jace met? (I wasnt sure if you all guessed who it was. I didnt want to use his name on purpose to see what you all thought).

Thank until next time, have an amazing week and hope you enjoyed the update!!!! :D