After Creditsss

A/N: Yes, you read it right, After Creditsss (plural), not Epilogue. Kasi After 24 years naisulat at After din ng sandamakmak na Creditsss na binayaran, hehehe. I know corny, right?

Pero ito po ang After Credits na mahaba-haba, dahil hindi ko talaga alam kung kaya pa pong masundan after another 24 months.

For now, it's Atty Maine and Agent Richard's way of signing off. Muli, maraming salamat sa pagsubaybay.

--------------
After Credit 1

After several months of bliss, mixed with foreboding and anticipation as the different cases they're handling move on, The Day finally arrived for Atty. Maine and Agent Richard.

THE Day because it's as if the universe conspired for things to happen on the same day.

That is .... for their respective cases at least.

A/N: Ano ba kasi iniisip n'yong The Day e may mga tatapusin pa tayong mga kaso? Don't quit our day job daw. Werk, werk, werk!

NLRC - NCR Office, Quezon City, 9AM.

Richard watched the HR representative of his former company fidgets in his seat under the sharp scrutiny of the Labor Arbiter in front of them. Beside him, Atty Reg had been innocently shuffling the voluminous amount of documents she brought as evidence to support his appeal of wrongful termination.

This is the arbitration day set by NLRC to see if the two parties can reach an amicable settlement.

Yes, it's Atty Reg because Maine had to inhibit herself from representing him due to her previous involvement as the counsel of his former company.

The Labor Arbiter became impatient. "Mr. Soriano, ano'ng sagot mo sa tanong nila? Ayusin mo dahil narinig mo ang sinabi ni Atty. Beloso, ilalaban nila hanggang sa korte ang kaso."

The HR officer loosened the collar of his shirt, skewing the red tie out of place while periodically looking at the door and willing for the company's legal counsel to arrive.

"Uhm, can you repeat the question, Atty? Just want to make sure I got it right."

Atty. Reg raised one eyebrow and faked a smile as she answers. "Bonus round na 'to ser, pangatlong ulit 'ko na. Dapat kasi sinabi n'yo sa lawyer n'yo na nagcommute na lang sana siya. Mahirap talagang magpark dito sa East Ave."

The Labor Arbiter cleared his throat, "Ehem ... the question, Atty?"

"Eto na nga po, Mr. Arbiter. Kuwestien, Mr. Soriano. Bilang head ng HR department ng isang top at reputable audit firm sa bansa, may katibayan po ba kayo na nagkaroon ng due process bago iterminate itong kliyente ko? Kasi, kahit ano'ng piga ko po sa sinubmit n'yong 3-page report, kasama na ang cover page, e wala akong mabasa. Kung may natatago pa kayong alas, ilabas n'yo na at sentensiyahan na natin."

The HR officer fidgets once more and swallowed an invisible lump in his throat before tentatively answering, "We have ... we did..." then slowly gaining confidence when their lawyer finally enters the room and sat beside him.

"Of course we did!"

Atty Reg raised an eyebrow, "Translasyen? Meron po ba o wala? Yung documented, Mr. Soriano? Can you show me the money? ..."

She saw the Arbiter glared at her. "I mean the document of the due process of termination, of course. Please."

The legal counsel of the audit firm butts in, catching up with what is being discussed. "From a corporate standpoint, since Mr. Reyes here was a senior auditor at the time he was dismissed from employment, the process is not as long as that of a rank-and-file. Mere loss of trust in a leader should be enough ground for termination. You should know that, Atty....? Sorry, I didn't catch your name."