15 - 0700H

A/N: Saan na naman kaya ako pahahabulin ng 2 bida? Puwede bang magrequest ng libreng gasolina? Shell lang, ok na. Di naman ako choosy, kahit yun Racing lang.

---------------

There's a definite spring in her step, something which had been absent for months, when Maine got out of her townhouse, at exactly 7am in the morning on a warm April Monday.

With her car still parked at the airport, she had to book a Grab car to get to her first appointment of the day.

She replied in the affirmative when the driver greeted her good morning. Yes, it's a good morning indeed.

A good morning to usher a new beginning. She can feel it. Even with just an hour of sleep.

She would have liked to interview the driver like she always does, but she has cases to review and reference materials to read.

Atty. Maine Capili's first destination is not the PAO office, but the hall of one of the more populated barangays in the area.

This is for the free legal clinic that she and some lawyer colleagues from the private practice started several months ago.

While they are not covered in the recent Supreme Court ruling that all new sworn-in lawyers need to render 120 hrs of pro bono work during their first year, Maine still initiated the project to the further dismay of her father.

She strongly believes that this is a positive step towards getting her legal conscience back. No motive, no mandate, no required hours, just pure desire to give free legal help where it's needed, and bringing the law to where its most accessible. At the grass root level where people are mostly in ignorance of their legal rights and obligations.

Members of the group they formed would take turns in visiting barangays every Monday of the week to conduct free legal clinic.

Its her turn today, together with another lady colleague from her alma mater.

Maine closed her eyes and recalled that her motive was not entirely altruistic when she started with this endeavor.

If somebody would ask her today, she will be ready to admit that part of the reason why she took on this noble undertaking, is to take her mind off the memory of someone she holds dear in her heart. Richard.

Yes, as if her cases at PAO were not enough, she would rather toil researching and following up barangay cases  even after work, just to prove that she has already moved on.

So that she will be overcome with fatigue and it'll be easier to sleep.

Which proved to be the biggest lie if she goes by her reaction upon seeing him yesterday and her eventual 'yes' to his declaration of love and affection. It did not even take 24 hours for him to convince her.

She turned her attention to the passing scene.

Now that the air had been cleared up between them and all is well, she can now focus on helping those in need of legal help without guilt.

She is in fact more inspired and motivated.

--------------
Maine was greeted by no less than the barangay captain when she alighted from the car and was immediately given the list of those she'll meet for the day.

She scanned the list looking for a familiar name or names.

Familiar name or names, which is another reason why she took part in the legal clinic project.

----------------------

If there's something which keeps Special Agent Richard awake at night, it's when Atty. Maine started to take part in a free legal clinic several times in a month.