20 - 1200H

A/N: Wala pong masyadong A/N's at busy po siya.

________

"Meeting your father for lunch? So am I. So am I. Shall we?"

Maine can't explain the rage building inside her at the mere sight of the old man. Even if their last interaction was the meeting at the PAO office months ago.

What he did to Richard is still fresh in her mind.

But she needs to contain it and appear calm. Look a little bit surprised maybe, but still collected. "Oh! There must be a mistake with the invite that I got. Please go ahead if you're meeting my Dad. I can meet him some other time."

The old man can't be fooled. She may appear calm but he can sense the contempt in her eyes, which she quickly covered with a quick smile. Ooh, this is going to be enjoyable.

"There's no mistake Atty. Capili. I asked your father if you can join us. Being a friend that he is, of course he obliged."

As if his claim needed confirmation, her phone started ringing. It's her Dad.

"Where the hell are you,  young lady? I've been here for 10 minutes now. Don't tell me you're canceling!"

"No, of course not Dad! I'm now here at the lobby. Joining you in a few."

She threw him a sharp glance when she ended the call.

Maine was greeted by a smirk. "If only looks could kill! What did I tell you? Lunch is on me at the Summer Palace. Shall I escort you?"

Maine walked ahead without taking his offered arm.

Ano'ng ibig sabihin nito? What is going on?

--------------------

In the meantime, Richard arrived at the Paco Park & Cemetery, at the hour when the April sun was at it's highest point.

It's noon, what can he expect?

Katanghaliang tapat. Sino namang mag-ina ang magba-bonding dito ng katangahaliang-tapat? Mabuti na lang kahit paano, may mga puno sa paligid.

Now, where will he start looking? This is his first time in this park. Baka mapagkamalan pa siyang nakikipag-eyeball.

After paying the entrance fee, Richard casually walks over to the marker at the park where he learned that this used to be a municipal cemetery built for the affluent families of the Old Colonial Manila and where the national hero was temporarily buried before his remains were transferred to Luneta where his monument now stands.

But of course, he's not here to study history but to prevent another bloody history from happening.

He climbed the pathway on top of the thick circular walls that served as the niches of the old cemetery so he could have a better view of people coming and going to the park. On a Monday afternoon, there's only a handful.

He sat on part hidden by a tree, but still overlooking the huge circular pond in front of the chapel at the center of the circular park. This is a good vantage point as any.

Richard started scanning the women walking about. He had a vague recollection of the face of the younger woman he saw in the picture with Manang Eugenia.

What does Jackilyn looks like without the disguise makeup?

He took his phone out of his pocket when the piece of paper, given by the "photographer" at Luneta this morning, dropped on the pavement.

He almost forgot about it.

Richard unfolded the note and studied the message again. May mga excited at di mapakali sa pier uno. Shipment mamayang gabi. Malaking isda.