3 - 1900H

Time check: 07:00 PM at Naga City Domestic airport

"You know I always make it worth your while."

Maine wanted to wipe the smirk off his face. Ugh!

Of course, she can only blame herself for that loaded comeback. So in retaliation, she rejected the hand he offered to assist her in climbing the short flight of stairs.

Ice queen ka Maine, Ice queen! Hindi ice cream! Do not have a meltdown. I repeat. Do. Not. Have. A. Meltdown. Definitely not in front of him.

A/N: Ice cream? Magnolia ba yan, Atty. girl? Anong flavor? Huwag mo kong tingnan nang masama, nagtatanong lang.

With her yet another outburst, it was no surprise that Ate Regine is already occupying the seat across Nanang. Nanang whom she noticed, is already sleeping. The ordeal of the day must have taken its toll on her.

The plane is 6-seater, that leaves the two back rows empty.

She was about to ask Ate Regine to sit together instead, when the lawyer pointed to the back with her mouth. "Hep! Hep! Dito ako uupo. I want leg room and nearest access to the emergency exit. Mahirap na. Ako muna bahala dito kay Nanang Imelda."

"Tabi na lang tayo. She's already sleeping." Maine pleaded.

"O eh di sasamahan kong matulog! Bakit natatakot kang tabihan ka? Go! Usap lang kayo, may baon akong earphone at playlist ni Ogie Alcasid. And promise, what you see, what you hear, when you leave, leave it here ang peg ko. I respect client-lawyer confidentiality clause achu-chu."

"I'm not your client."

"Pero ikaw ang abogado ko sa annulment case ko. Pareho na rin 'yon. Teka, speaking of which, sigurado bang hindi kayo mag-jowa until now? You know, baka naman pa-effect n'yo lang 'to. Because I can see the spark, ang lakas kaya Atty. girl! Wait! Baka naman SM na kayo?"

"I can't believe I'm hearing this."

"You can't believe you're hearing what?" Maine felt him even before Richard spoke behind her. His nearness still has the same effect. And the feeling is not exactly comfortable given the small confines of the plane. It definitely brings back unwanted memories.

"Nothing." Maine dismissed his question and proceeded to the row next to Ate Regine and put her overnight bag on the seat across her just for safety measures. He can occupy the last row.

Richard walks to follow her but Atty. Regine stopped him with a question. "Ikaw Agent Richard, alam mo ibig sabihin ng SM?"

"Shoe Mart?" He replied without thinking.

"Magsama nga kayo, pareho kayong sinauna!"

Shaking his head, Richard saw what Maine did. He looks at the overnight bag and the last row. Then at Maine who's now rummaging through her handbag for something. So this is how you want to play this?

Maine watched in disbelief when Richard, unceremoniously dumped her overnight bag at the overhead compartment together with his backpack then slumped on the now vacant seat across her with only two feet of aisle space separating them. The nerve!

She tried to find her voice in protest as he straps his seatbelt on, but the plane already started to taxi and one of the pilots began his pre-flight announcements.

Richard ignored her shocked expression. After the small plane took off and started its ascent, he reclined his seat, closed his eyes and tried to catch some zzzz's just like everybody else. He has not had a decent sleep in days of looking for Nanang. Wala naman na sigurong mangyayaring untoward incident dito. Konting tiis na lang.