Let's Play a Game (22)

Start from the beginning

I was in such deep thought that I didn’t even notice when the door opened and someone stepped inside. All I could think about was Johnny, and how I had lost the game after I said so many times that I wouldn’t. It made me mad that Zach actually got me to fall in love with him even after I was so determined not to do so.

“Well,” a voice now said, and I jumped at the sound of it. Was it really necessary to scare me? “That sure was a surprise. I was actually expecting it to be Johnny, not Ethan. But I guess it was good that it wasn’t Johnny, huh?”

All I could do was shrugg at Zach, turning away from him a little bit. I didn’t even know how I was supposed to act around him now that I knew my true feelings for him. I didn’t want to tell him how I felt, because the last thing I wanted was to tell everyone that I was in love with that arrogant idiot.

He sat down next to me now, but I barely even noticed. So many things were racing through my mind, and it was giving me a headache. I really needed a hot shower, but it was going to take time before I’d be able to step inside that bathroom again.

I wouldn’t even face Zach, and he noticed that something was wrong. It was just something else that I really loved about him. He noticed when something was wrong with me when no one else did.

I felt his chin on my shoulder, and it surprised me greatly when I felt his lips against my neck only a few seconds afterwards.

I didn’t want to make out with him. That seemed to be the only thing we ever did when we were together, and as fun as it was, I wanted more. I wanted to talk to him, and spend time with him in a different way. He was a great kisser, but a relationship was a lot more than just kissing.

I turned toward him to speak, but was cut off when his lips found mine. Again, I didn’t fight against him. I just kissed him back with as much intensity as he was giving.

He laid me back so my back was now against my mattress, with him now on top of me. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, pulling him closer to me as our lips continued to stay locked.

When the door opened, I turned to yell at Ethan and tell him to knock. But when I saw who was really at the door, my blood went cold and my whole body nearly went numb.

“Johnny,” I gasped, having absolutely no idea what I was supposed to say to him. “Johnny…”

“Dude,” Zach started, but we both knew Johnny didn’t want to hear anything from the two of us right then.

“Save it,” was all he said, and I thought I was going to pass out. I thought that we were safe. I thought that since Ethan had been the one to catch us earlier, we were safe. But we weren’t. We weren’t safe.

Johnny turned away from us now and toward the door, and I felt myself start to hyperventilate. This couldn’t be real. This couldn’t actually be happening. Not like this.

“Maxynn, the next time you’re going to do something like this…” Johnny started, his hand on my doorknob for a mere second before I heard the lock click as he turned it. “… Lock the door.”

He slammed the door shut on his way out, and I could only sit there for a moment. I couldn’t believe this was happening. This couldn’t have been happening… Johnny had just found Zach and me together before I could break up with him.

I got up from the bed, about to go after him, until I collapsed onto the floor, my breathing so hard that it hurt. I wanted to just curl up into a ball in cry, because I honestly had no idea what I was supposed to do. How was I supposed to deal with something as bad as this?

“Maxynn!” Zach cried out and dropped down to my side. “Are you okay? Maxynn!”

I didn’t say anything to him at first, because I was in too much shock. I felt absolutely horrible for doing this to Johnny, and I realized how horrible I had been to him throughout our entire relationship. I had been with Zach before I had gotten together with Johnny.