Три, Surprise Surprise

Chapter Three

Surprise Surprise

1489 words, written on the 10th of January 2019

Happy New Year

The doors to the Great Hall opened with such a rush and a wave of commotion as a rather irked Marlene came in with a ghastly shade of red, occupying her hair, different shades of dye on her skin, all over her body

The doors to the Great Hall opened with such a rush and a wave of commotion as a rather irked Marlene came in with a ghastly shade of red, occupying her hair, different shades of dye on her skin, all over her body. Red on her physique, but pure fury in her eyes.

"I will commit such crimes that could put even the darkest and most twisted minds in Azkaban to shame. BLOODY POTTER AND BLACK DO YOU HEAR ME?" Marlene shouted in rage and then flopped back in her seat, huffed and puffed as the Hufflepuffs kept teasing.

"How are you so sure it was us, little red?" James teased and sat down on the seat left as Sirius sat in the right seat besides Marlene.

"You kept up your little back to school prank tradition since the godforsaken second year and you're telling me now that you just supposedly stopped this year? And this ISN'T your doing?" She narrowed her eyes. Both boys looking innocently at her.

"Relax Marlene, almost every student passed at some point the wrath of these baboons here." Venus sipped at her scorching green tea, lightly running her tongue over her lips to soothe the burning sensation. This action in particular didn't go unnoticed and left the person intrigued a teeny tiny bit more.

"And what suffering did you endure Vee?" Marlene asked curiously, not remembering Venus being annoyed at the boys.

"It happened back last year. I begged Remus to make them all shut up about It, but basically they soaked me from head to toe, one day after Quidditch practice. Surprise, surprise, I was wearing some light white  clothes that didn't leave much of my dignity with me. Did I mention that the whole team was there accompanied with Dumbledore, McGonagall and Slughorn?"  The light bitterness didn't sit well with the boys as they all made slight faces of regret.

"Well, I definitely remember you now." Sirius scratched the back of his neck, "We were such arseholes back then and we are sorry about that. But if It helps, none of us could sleep for weeks after that, none of us." He sent a wink in her direction.

"If just a slight sneak peak of myself left all of you awake for weeks, I couldn't possibly fathom what my touch could do to you guys, huh?" She didn't let her stance falter down.

 The shock on the boy's faces was priceless and the giggles and high fives from the girls didn't leave them any better, Sirius stood up and went under the table to sit down to little Venus here.

"You know we could always test that theory of yours. I heard the classrooms are empty after dinner, all night long." His hand trailed little circles on her legs with each syllable he spoke, adding to the effect of his words.