Двадцать Четыре, Love is in the Air

Chapter twenty four

Love is in the Air

5776 words, written on the 21st of April, published 28/05/21

"Lily for the love of Merlin, will you kindly shut the fuck up?" Venus's voice could be heard shouting across the girl's dorm

"Lily for the love of Merlin, will you kindly shut the fuck up?" Venus's voice could be heard shouting across the girl's dorm. She was currently listening to her best friend dying from laughter, for a straight hour and a half maybe. Maybe even longer than that, who knows.

"IT'S NOT EVEN THAT FUCKING FUNNY."

Let's just say that the reason behind her laughter wasn't the funniest of them all or even slightly bit humorous.

"I can't-" Lily wiped a stray tear from her face, "Only you, Venus bloody Fitzgerald, could manage to go on a double date on VALENTINE'S DAY of all days with your childhood crush/current boyfriend, the only person who could pass off as your twin flame and his girlfriend who by chance, is your close friend." The poor red head couldn't control her breathing or her tears. "This feels like an American sitcom."

"I've watched them Lils, trust me our little Vee here has a far more interesting life than any character in any sitcom." Ivy giggled in response, watching her best friend get even more frustrated by the minute.

"It's honestly not that bad." Venus stuck out her bottom lip and chewed on it anxiously. "I appreciate all three of them and I think we all could have fun on this double date, so it does have potential to end good, right?"

"Keep telling that to yourself."

"Oh you will definitely have fun Vee, just a bit of chaos is bound to happen."

Ivy squeezed her eyes shut, not daring to take a sneak peek before commenting. "Ooor in the worst case, somebody confesses something they shouldn't have and they all know about your almost kiss this New Year's."

"I want this double date to go smoothly. I know Ian wanted to go on a proper Valentine's date for years and this was a good opportunity." Venus stood up and took a look at her wardrobe for the hundred and fifth time this morning. "Plus, I want to get my best friend back and to show everybody around us that Black and I have absolutely no romantic history between us."

"Easy as that." "Sure, babe."

"You two have no romantic history because your romance is bound to happen in the future even if you two like it or not." Marlene mumbled from under her blankets, trying to squeeze in a few more minutes of sleep. "Merlin you lot are annoying this morning, all I wanted was to sleep."

Venus stood up and went to check her clothes once again, trying to see if anything screamed date night worthy. After what felt like hours going by, but in reality only a few minutes spent pacing around her dorm, hearing the constant teasing from her best friends, she decided on a simple look that screamed her style completely.