Два́дцать Пять, Oh Sweet Alcohol

Chapter twenty five

Oh Sweet Alcohol 

6317 words, written god knows when, published finally in january 2023 lol

"Fuck."

All of them still silent, watching her beat herself up.

"Holy mother of Merlin, fuck."

"Vee, I do love you but we have first years sitting next to us." Ivy scolded Venus and subtly pointed towards the little kids next to them, watching Venus wide eyed. "Behave."

"I honestly don't give a flying fuck." Venus breathed out, rubbing her hands together once more to shift her focus. "I don't even know why I feel this nervous, we've already played against Ravenclaw and the whole team seemed fine."

"It's because your slow brain either stresses over every single thing in your life or you go three years without a goddamn worry."

"Geez Poison, already planning on being a therapist?"

The two girls sat in silence, both on the completely opposite spectre of emotions. Ivy was grumpy and tired as the breakfast was far too early for her mind to start working yet she was awake enough to see her best friend working herself up.

While Venus didn't get an ounce of sleep last night, drowning her sorrows in questionable amounts of black coffee and any kind of buttered toast she could get her hands on. She was working in override, the whole year started shitty and she had a bad feeling about the rest of it too.

Sirius came from behind Venus, gently picking up a nearby kid and putting him in another seat, making a seat for himself next to the worried witch. "Sorry kid."

As Venus didn't even notice him, far too interested in calming herself down to notice that Ivy and Sirius have been wearing a worried look since seeing her.

"The game?" Sirius mouthed and pointed towards the pureblooded witch next to him.

Ivy sighted deeply and nodded, whistling a bit to catch Venus's attention yet no success. "Vee, babe?" Ivy tried a bit softer this time, reaching over to wave slowly in front of her face but again, no response. "Vee?"

Lily finally joined the trio after taking her daily walk and just like the other two, tried seeing why was Venus so nervous for this game.

She too, tried getting Venus's attention onto them but as she tried, she failed. It looked like the raven haired beauty was far too invested on her jittering nerves than any other human being in the room that morning.

Her stomach plummeted the very second her thoughts shifted towards Quidditch. This type of reaction only happens when Venus bottled up all her problems too far gone to even distribute the mess.

"Darling?"

"Hm?" Venus finally moved her attention from her hands to Sirius. "Yes?"

Lily and Ivy shared a secretive look, finding the interaction far too enjoyable.