Of Life and Death

I ran for my life towards the droopy old oak tree. I had almost completely mastered climbing the thing to the top thanks to my height. I could hear Cardin's friends chasing after me. I climbed that tree quicker than I ever have before.
Now remember what I said earlier.
I almost mastered climbing the tree. I fell to the ground hard on my back. The ground was soaked and pretty much pure mud. My head felt dizzy and I could hear Cardin's friends talk in and out. God my head hurt. I felt hands cradle my head and a tingling sensation that traced my body. Someone was healing me?
"What did I tell you dumbasses! Don't mess with my brothers friend!" Cardin? He's defending me?
"It's okay Nora... I'm here." Ren. I know his voice all too well. I tried to say his name but it only came out as a mumbled when tears started spewing out my eyes in pain. It all hurt. "Don't move." He whispered calmingly. The pain was so intense, and now it's gone. I opened my eyes slowly to look into magenta eyes. I let out a shaky breath as his fingers brushed my hair. "Better?" He asked as I rubbed my eyes.
"Thank you." I said ignoring the question.
"It's no problem."

"So why do they chase you?" He questioned as I sat down in the new fresh clothes that were his. They where baggy of course and purely gray and green but very warm. My hair was still slightly damp but I tried to rub my hair with it to get the wetness out.
"I don't know." I lied frowning. I looked at the soup in front of me and decided to drop my towel to eat another bite. I felt a brush going threw my hair gently to take out the knots. "Why are you so nice to me?"
"Because I like you." He said simply. My face warmed up and I frowned.
"Don't lie to me." I muttered as I clenched the spoon in my hand tightly.
"I'm not." I muttered. "I'm not special either." He stopped and placed the brush next to my bowl on the table. His arms wrapped around me tightly.
"Your the most special person on this earth."