Can't Fight Him

"And the first battle of teammate against teammate starts off with team JNPR! Let's see who our contestants are!" Oobleck shouted into the microphone. I grabbed Ren's hand quickly as my breath hitched. I was scared. I watched as it randomly went through us. I closed my eyes. "Lie Ren and Nora Valkyrie!" He shouted. My eyes shot open in fear. And he was right. "Nora. I'll make this easy. I'll get out on my ow-" He started before I hugged him tightly. "All they want is a good show...they wanted us to fight. I'm dropping out." I said sniffling. "Nora! You can't! You know that! You drop out you lose everything you've worked for!" He said frowning. "I'm going easy on you. Your going to win the battle."
"I can't do it Pyrrha." I said curled up on Ren's bed. "Yes you can Nora. I know it would be hard to but you need to. Prove that you aren't weak. Prove you have no weakness." She said trying to cheer me up. "But he is my weakness!" I shouted as I punched the wall. I had put a dent in the wall.
"AND START!" The stormy mountains where there. And so was the beach. I ran towards the beach and brought myself to fighting him. He gave me a look that I knew as "you okay?" I mouthed to him fight me for real. He hesitated but nodded his head. With each hit I realized. The battle will never end. We both can't bring it to ourselves to hurt each other. I glanced at the mountain and made a run for it. Launching myself up with Magnhild and climbing up the last portion just in time for the lightning. I felt the electricity flow through my body. I jumped off the mountain and ran back towards the beach. Ren was hot on my tail and I kept running. I looked to see how far away from the water I was. This is gonna hurt. "NORA." He shouted just before I ran in. Pain seared throug my body. My aura had broken and it hurt. It hurt so badly. I couldn't feel my body anymore. Everything burns though. I couldn't hear anymore. I could still see though. I was in the sand now. Ren was looking over me. He was saying something. He was worried. I smiled at him. "You win." I attempted to say. I have no idea if I said it or not. I fell asleep though.
"Nora? Are you awake now?" Ren. My eyes slowly opened and I remember the room I was in immeadiantly. I was in my dorm room. I could see Ren leaning over me. His eyes where red. "I'm here." I whispered softly. He smiled happily. Before leaning down to hug me tightly. It stung and flinched as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled away a bit and faced me. "I'm sorry!" He said panicked. He went to remove my arms but I tightened my grip. "I'm fine. It just some burns. I can deal." I said frowning. He carefully wrapped his arms around me again. He helped me sit up in the bed. "You sure your okay?" He asked panicked. I nodded my head frowning. "Dammit. I should've ran faster to stop you." He said frowning. "Ren. If you pulled me back you would have been hurt. I could never do that to you." I said placing my hand on his cheek. He smiled at me. "God where did I get a girl like you?" He said laughing. I smiled happily.
"Nora! Your awake! Jaune come here!"
"Reeeennnnn!" I shouted frowning. He look at me with a smile. "Yes?" He asked smiling. "I need help." I said frowning. He closed his book and got up from my bed, and walked over to me and the desk. "Homework help? Or transportation help?" He asked smiling. "Transportation. I'm already done my homework." I said smiling. He leaned down so I could wrap my arms around his neck. He picked me up and sat me on my bed. "I'm going get changed quickly okay? Don't hurt yourself." He said worried. I nodded my head smiling as he walked away to the bathroom. I looked on the bedside table. My gloves. I reached for them but I couldn't reach. I leaned towards the table as my fingers got closer and closer to them. "I can do this on my own..." I murmured smiling. My hand slipped and I fell onto the floor with a thud. "Ouch." I said frowning. When I fell it hurt my back. My stomach hurt. My arms burned. My legs burned. My head was filled with pain. "Nora!" Ren shouted as he ran over to me and helped me up slowly. He laid me back on my bed and I couldn't help but look at my gloveless hands. "Ren?" I asked frowning. "Yes Nora?" He said pulling on his shirt. "Will I ever be the same?" I asked scared. He stopped messing with his sleeves. His frown was evident. "No." He said frowning. My eyes widened. "Why?" I asked looking back at my hands. Tears flooded my eyes. I gasped as I felt his arms wrap around me. "Because your still the same girl Nora." He said leaning his head on my shoulder. I attempted to scoot forward which was successful. Ren sat behind me and let me lean against him. "How long will I be like this?" I asked scarred. "It's been a day...maybe on Thursday you'll feel better." He said as I held his hands. " Okay." I said frowning. "That seems like forever." I said frowning. "I'll stick with you for those days." He insisted with a big smile. "Haven't you always stuck with me?" I said as I looked at my boots. "Yeah. I have." He moved to help me take off my boots. I smiled gratefully. "Thanks." I said frowning. "Nora. I know you want to help yourself. But let me help you." He said worried. "I don't want you to hurt yourself Nora. Promise me you will let me help you." He said looking me dead straight in my eyes. I wouldn't lie. Not to him. "I promise I won't try again." I said frowning. "Thank you." He said moving my hair from my forehead. He kissed my forehead before returning my shoes to the closet. He came back, and laid on the opposite side of my bed. I scooted towards him slowly and wrapped my arms around him tightly. "Your going to be okay Nora. It's only two day-" "Boop." I said quickly. I looked up to him to see him smiling. He kissed my nose before wrapping his arms around me.
"Boop."