Chapter Two - My Mission?

“Do I have to do the exact things you did?” I asked scared. Laura shook her head. I decided to divide us. We were not the same person. Practically we were, but technically she was more mature and could even teach me some stuff.

“No you don't. You don't even have to go the same time I did. That's part of why I don't tell you what date I went back to... But the only thing is... Don't travel back too far in time... don't ask me why, just don't” she said, making me nod.

“So technically, I can live life like I want to?” I asked smiling.

“Yeah! I mean, the me... You … Us? That is from … The Laura who gave me the chain, she was a professional singer, and the one before used to be the singer in All Time Low” Laura laughed, making me look confused at her.

“What even” I asked shocked. Laura nodded, before getting her phone out.

“You know King for a day?” She asked, making me nod.

She turned it on, and the familiar song came on, but the part that Kellin was supposed to sing, was sung by a girl's voice.

“Who's tha- … IS THAT ME? Like you... Us... Whatever!” I said, being annoyed by all of this.

“Yeah” Laura nodded, laughing.

“It sounds weird as fuck to be honest” I said honestly, making Laura shrug.

“To me, the version with Kellin sounds weird, because this was the one I used to love” she replied smiling. I nodded and sighed.

“It's going to be so exciting” She reassured me, as I started to worry.

“Are you sure?” I asked scared. She nodded, making me smile.

I sighed deeply and nodded as well.

“I'm going to go back in time...” I laughed. It still sounded so surreal. But I was. In a few days, I would be god knows where. Well he doesn't yet.

Or he already knows … He already knew when I... nevermind.

“All right guys... I have to leave now, a few Meet and Greets are waiting...” She said, making me stand up just as she did.

“Some things never change” She mumbled, smiling.

We went to the door, and I hugged her, which felt really weird. Our movements were mirrored, so that was pretty funny.

Once she was out of the flat, I let out a deep sigh.

“Listen Rebekah... One thing you have to know is … If you go back in time, nobody will remember you once you're gone... Well, apart from me and your uncle.” my aunt said carefully.

“Wait what” I said confused.

My aunt took my hand and led me into their guestroom.

“Yeah, it's just … Imagine if you still had a life in the future, but went back in time. People would start looking for you, worrying for you... It wouldn't work out. And I don't want you not to go back in time, since you have to do it, but just keep in mind, once you arrive in this time, you won't be able to go to your parents and explain it, because they won't have any memory of you... It's part of the necklace's power” She said, sadness in her voice.

“You … you had to experience it, didn't you?” I asked quietly.

“I'm from the past... But the necklace told me what to do, and so I went forward in time. Wait for your mission, and then start your adventure” She said smiling.

“Can I ask you from which-” I started, but my aunt shook my head.

“You can't... And you shouldn't” She said, making me frown.