Chapter 25

The wake was a very bleak affair.

The girls at the Sorority were especially intense.

Noelle sighed as she watched her friends enter the viewing. They all wore black. And it seemed fitting enough.

Noelle fixed the hem on her silk black dress and walked to the front of the room where Meredith lie in the casket.

She suppressed a sob and sniffed. Her friend is DEAD.

"She looks so pretty."

Noelle turned around and saw Vanessa. She was so beautiful... but so sad. She put an arm around her and reached out hesitantly to touch Meredith's hand.

"She's so cold," Noelle said, drawing her fingers back from Meredith's hands. "It feels like ice."

Vanessa stared absent-mindedly at the flowers that adorned the dead girl's hair.

"She's gone."

Noelle went to go take her seat. This was too much... she was going to birst into tears if she kept this up, watching her friend in a casket.

Soon the other girls took their turns to see their friend one last time. They were all graceful, beautiful creatures. But right now, they all had their eyes cast downward.

The Haven boys came. They entered the viewing site with all the respect and the reverence and the silence they could muster. They came in their black suits and each of them gave Meredith a flower.

Noelle saw Bradley approaching her, so she wiped away the almost-tears and faced him.

"Hey," she faked a smiled

"Hey," he breathed. "How are you feeling?"

"Ok."

Bradley flashed her his signature smile. Then he put his arm around her.

Suddenly the doors flew open and a boy Noelle had never seen before ran in and fell to his knees crying when he saw Meredith.

"NOOO!" he sobbed. "Meredith..."

Elizabeth and Analyse obviously know him. They started comforting him.

"Sshhh," Lizzy hushed the poor boy. "Daniel it's okay."

"Please Daniel," Analyse patted his back. "Don't cry."

But this Daniel guy couldn't help it.He grabbed Meredith's cold hands and kissed them.

But no matter how much he cried, the girl didn't come back to life.

Everyone went to the wake. Everyone Noelle knew and even people she didn't know.

Everyone... but Heidi.