Chapter 11

The girls were seated at the dining table in the hall. The boys took their seats last, being charmingly polite. They were high-class material, with their expensive cardigans and dress shirts and ties. They room smelled like sweet flowers and cologne.

"Where's Meredith?" Kayla asked. She wore a peach chiffon silk dress. She was hand-in-hand with a stranger, someone the girls haven't met before.

The other girls shrugged.

"Vanessa's out having dinner somewhere else," Analyse said, and then winked. "Maybe a date."

"A date?" Noelle asked.

"She looked like it," Cecilia said.

"She always looks like she has a date," Amelia added smiling.

"And where's," Elizabeth cleared her throat like something awful was inside. "Heidi?"

The girls shrugged. The boys looked from left to right, positively clueless.

"Guys, this is Dean," Kayla cleared her throat and motioned at the handsome guy she was with. "He goes to Clancy."

The Haven boys who did show interest shook his hand and carried a conversation.

The waiter came and served the appetizers

It was an assortment of salads; Greek, Chinese, French, Italian...

Noelle reached out for the Chinese salad, but the dark haired boy got it for her. He winked.

"Thank you," she said, and she couldn't help but laugh.

"Name's Bradley," he said.

"Noelle."

And they shook hands tenderly.

"Attention, everyone," Bradley said. He held up his glass and stared into Noelle's eyes.

"I'd like to propose a toast."

Bradley smiled at Noelle and squeezed her hand. He seemed like the thirsty kind of guy, but good thing she was thirsty too. And it needed to be quenched.

"Here's to new things."