Molly: Luxury and Sacrifice

Molly succumbed to an afternoon nap, cherishing the luxury of it and awoke to Anzar leaning over her

Molly succumbed to an afternoon nap, cherishing the luxury of it and awoke to Anzar leaning over her. She blinked at him and took a moment to assess her ass, whether it was as on display as it was this morning. Just her legs were peeking out from under the furs. Relief flooded her and she drew in a deep breath, inhaling his masculine scent.

"Bright day, Anzar." She smiled, lifting her arms above her head to stretch. He rumbled and glanced away from her. She shrugged and sat up. He had a right to be in a bad mood once in a while. Besides, she might have offended him yesterday. Then again, her nudity should have made up for any insults from her side.

"Meera said you've had a busy day," he said as he sat on her one stool, looking around her tidied tent instead of at her. Yup, she had said or done something wrong. She pursed her lips. That was so typical of her.

"Not busy enough if I have time to take a nap." She sighed, climbing to her feet to pour a goblet of their thicker yet sweeter water.

"What did you do on your sky egg? It is much smaller than this tent." He gestured with a wide sweep of his arm.

"The sky egg is just the aviator pod off my ship. We ejected it to avoid dying." She offered him the goblet, then dropped onto the furs again, curling her legs under her. "Amy and I kept the ship in working order. We delivered things for people. It was a good life until the Vargosh wanted us to deliver children to them. We don't trade in slavery and senseless killing." She scowled at the memory of those lizards demanding they hand over the children. At that stage, they hadn't realized that she hadn't collected the 'cargo' from the handler. She and Amy had set the galactic force on the handler and organized for the children to return to their homeworld.

"Children? As in babes? You did well, temaar." He met her gaze as he said this. His sincerity in his intense dark eyes exploded heat in her chest which spread to her cheeks. She dipped her chin to her chest, hoping he didn't notice. Holy shit, she liked that he thought well of her? When the hell had that happened? Given that she had spent more time with him in the last two days than she had with any man in the last ten years ... She snuck a glance at him, wondering how she was going to control her reactions around him. She never smiled this much.

"Yes, but it might bring trouble down on your village, Anzar. If the Vargosh follow the trail of debris we left when we crashed, they will find us here and—" She stopped, nibbling on her bottom lip, as fear spiked her heartbeat and blurred her thoughts. She trembled, watching the people about their business through the open tent flap. She sobbed, her breathing shuddering her chest as she struggled to inhale then exhale. Those bastards would kill the villagers, even destroy Mother.

"Oh, no! What have we done?" She raised her gaze to meet his, despair cementing her features. "I have to leave; I have to lead them away. They mustn't come here!" She jumped to her feet and opened her chest, pulling her gun and dagger out. Anzar wrapping his arms around her shoulders stilled her. He buried his face in her neck, and she shivered at his warm breath fanning her skin.