XXVII. You've Heard of Elf on the Shelf, Now Get Ready For...

~°~

~°~

~°~

๖ۣۜLou Ellen was sick of having these nightmares

She woke up on a warm, slightly damp ground. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, she stood up, studying her surroundings. Old, decaying tombstones rose up from the ground. Ancient crypts ominously towered over her like giants. Thick fog hugged the ground, rising a little past her ankles. The moon was a third quarter, but it was slowly turning to a new moon. Voices echoed around her, riding on the warm winds. She looked around to identify where the voices could possibly be coming from. Not too far from her was an old crypt with an opening that lead into darkness. Lou Ellen could distinctly hear the whispers coming from the crypt. She wasn't a fan of going into a creepy old building for decaying bodies, but Lou Ellen wasn't a fan of the waning moon and she wanted to find out more about the creepy whispers. She could already hear Cecil's voice in her mind, warning her, 'No Elle, don't go in there! The stupid people who follow the creepy voices always die first in the horror movies!'

Lou Ellen ducked into the opening of the crypt, the shadows swallowing her whole. Ugh, incantations would've came in handy now for light. Or maybe the ring that Hecate had given her. Either way, she was stuck in the dark. The opening that Lou Ellen had went through was now gone. Lou Ellen waited a minute for her eyes to adjust. In the distance, a small green light flickered into existence. Lou Ellen ran up to the light. It was an old torch, lit by Greek fire. She snatched the torch, taking it into her own hands and lighting up the area around her.