Chapter 16

*Elisa's POV*

"So how'd it go" Jazzy said the next day.

"Fine. I met Ashton's friends and they seemed like chill guys" I said not wanting to go into details.

"Eeeep. See I told you. That's what you needed to meet other people and not be afraid" she squealed. I think she's the more excited one here than me.

"Yeah you were totally right" I sighed.

"What's wrong you don't seem too happy about it?" she said concerned.

"Well it's just that....I don't know I still can't seem to trust him just yet you know?" I said.

"Well duh it was your first time. Before you know it you'll be all head over heels for him" she said. Wait is she saying that once I get to know Ashton better, I'll fall in love? No way is that happening I have somebody else in mind. Wait what am I even saying? Of course that's not happening, I have nobody that likes me.

"What? no no no that's....its not like that-" I was interrupted by an elderly woman who was ready to pay. Thank you grandma for saving me here.

"I'm just saying. Heads up Prince Charming is coming over here" she warned as she went back to rearranging candy. And sure enough Ashton was walking towards me but this time alone. Thank god I finally got a second name tag that says Lynette on it.

"Hey" he said giving me a smile.

"What's up" I said returning the gesture.

"I was wondering if maybe you'd like to grab lunch with me" he stuttered a bit.

"Sorry I'm kind of busy right now maybe tomorrow after work yeah?" I said trying to avoid him today.

"Yeah sure just text me when you can alright." he said disappointed.

"Yeah no prob sorry" I said trying to make him feel better.

"Nah it's cool see ya tomorrow then" he said and with that he left. Its not that I don't like Ashton I do but maybe not in the way he might like me. I like him but maybe as a friend you know. OMG what am I saying I just met him 2 days ago too early to call him a friend.

"You should've gone I would have covered for you" I heard Jazzy sigh behind me.

"Yeah I know but I want to makeup my missing hours" I said.

"Suit yourself" she said almost as disappointed as Ashton.

The rest of my week consisted of homework, visiting the graveyard, work, and hanging out with Ashton a lot along with his friends (who I have now their phone numbers as well). Weird how I still haven't met Lucas every time I come over to his house. He must be a busy guy and that's ok right? One less problem without him.

As I've been hanging out with Ashton I've learned a few things about him like: he'll be 20 in July, he's the drummer of his band that I keep forgetting the name of, and he doesn't like FIFA. What boy doesn't like FIFA!? I mean I don't play often only when I come over to my relatives house that I play and its fun. But he's him and I'm me and we both like different things.

I feel bad yet again for lying to him and this time about my life. Yeah I know he doesn't deserve it I just have trusts issues. He doesn't know that my mom and Damien are dead, and doesn't know that I cut. And every time he says he wants to meet my parents, since I already met his family, I tell him a lie like "oh no there busy" or "my mom is on a business trip and could take weeks for her to get back."

I just don't know how he'll take it when he finds out all the truth. Hopefully it's not soon.