Chapter 6

*Elisa's POV*

I woke up with a headache, my eyes puffy red, and my hair looking like shit the next morning. As I sat up straight, suddenly all the memories came flooding in of the events that happened last night. By the way the sun was shinning I was guessing it was around noontime. I wasn't planning on going to school and have everyone look at the complete mess that I am and have Alexa treat me bad enough making me feel like complete trash. One thing I just can't take off my mind is what the hell was Luke doing in the alley?

I groaned in pain when I got up and headed to take a hot shower to wash away all my thoughts and worries. Once I looked decent enough I headed out the door and to the graveyard.

I reached Damien's grave shortly after visiting my mom's. Right now I just really need a best friend.

"Hey Damien" I said sitting down and already feeling the tears coming as I tried hard enough to fight them back.

"Ugh how I wish you were still alive. You will always be my only friend I have and the only one I talk to about my problems, the one that I run to when everything is falling apart, the one that makes me feel better no matter in what situation I'm in" I started to cry.

"I don't know how I managed to stay f-fine k-knowing you are not by my side. It's been r-really hard lately w-without you. I just d-don't know what would have been of m-me if L-Luke wasn't there to save m-me from those h-horrible guys. I f-feel like he's the only p-person that c-cares about m-me when he k-knows nothing about m-me. He's such a nice g-guy if you'd only got to meet h-him. Hasn't made fun of m-me these past 2 weeks and I'm starting to believe t-that he doesn't b-believe a word those s-slores say about me 'cuz it's not t-true." I stuttered trying hard to stay strong for him because i know how much he hates it when I cry. I brought my knees to my chest and just cried knowing that I disappointed Damien.

I've managed to calm down a bit after what seemed like an hour trying to dry off my eyes before heading over to work. I stayed seated until I was able to catch my breath before leaving.

"Thank you so much for always being there for me, you're such a good friend. I'll see you Friday" I said getting up, fixing myself and feeling relieved. With one last goodbye I headed over to work.

----------------------------------------

*Luke's POV*

It's been 2 days after the incident that happened with Elisa and the punches along with the bruises I received, have not yet healed.

I made my way over to the back of the class where my seat was next to Elisa, whom I've looked forward to every morning, who had her head down and was slouched in her seat.

"Hey" I greeted once I sat down.

"How are you feeling?" I said knowing I didn't have the time to tell her that since she wasn't here yesterday.

Silence.

"Hey it's-" I was cut off by the bell ringing and the teacher giving his daily agenda. How I wished for time to go fast.

The final bell rang indicating the end of school. I rushed out of class not wanting to be stopped by Alexa and instead hurried over to Elisa. She has been awfully quiet, quieter than usual, which is really quiet. I just want to know how she's doing and that she can trust me in anything, that I can be that friend she can run to when everything is wrong, the one to make her feel better, the one to crack up lame jokes with. Call me corny but I just don't want to see her sad all the time.

"Hey Elisa" I said trying to catch my breath after sprinting after her.

She just kept walking ignoring me.

"Hey what's wrong?" I said keeping up with her. Wow she walks really fast.

"Please can we talk?" I said.

"Go away" she sniffed clearly she had been crying.

"Are you crying?" I said.

"No I'm just sweating trough my eyes." she said sarcastically.

"Hey it's alright you can trust me" I said grabbing her by the shoulder hopefully she'd stop.

"Can you please leave me alone!" she flinched at my touch. And with that she ran off. It's understandable she feels this way after what happened a couple nights ago. I just wished I'd know what her problem is so that I can be able to help her. Without further do, I left disappointed.