Chapter 2: Allen's Admirers

Start from the beginning

"Bye. Thanks Takumi!" I say.

"Welcome!" He answers. Next we stopped at the grocery so Isoko and Lenalee could buy a snack. And of course they left me alone with Akane.

"Allen, thanks for holding my hand. I felt really safe." She blushes.

"Your welcome, I guess that's my job." I sigh.

"Can I ask you something?" She blushes harder now.

"I mean sure, I guess."

—Lenalee's POV--

I think I might like Allen? Oh no, but Komui will hunt him down and kill him, if he finds out. Allen is just so nice, and cute, well the part of his face I can see is cute.

I hated leaving Akane and Allen out there alone. Akane took my hand holding spot. I am kind of annoyed right now.

"Lenalee?" I heard Isoko call.

"Over here." I say back. I am determined to find out who Isoko likes, I'm hoping it's not Allen. I think I'm going to ask her, but I'm not sure.

"You ready to check out?"

I nod. "Hey Isoko, who do you like? If you don't mind me asking?"

"I'll tell you, if you tell me." She laughs.

"Deal." Wait, that means...

"I like Takumi. You?" She says cutting me off.

"Uh..."

"Come on, we made a deal didn't we?" She smiles. I think she already knows that I like Allen, she just wants to hear me admit it,

"Okay, I kind of like Allen." I blush.

"Knew it!" She laughs. "You aren't the only one who is drawn in by his nice attitude and that mysterious aura surrounding him."

"Who else?" I whine. Well I know Akane is one of them.

"Akane and Taka, I think." She smirks. "But they usually go for the new guys. I wouldn't worry about them."

"That does make me feel kind of better." I had just finished checking out. "I'll wait for you outside with the others."

"Okay." She waves me on.

I walk out of the grocery and start to walk toward where Allen and Akane were waiting around the corner when I heard Akane say, "Can I ask you something?"

I could see Akane but I couldn't see Allen. I saw Akane blushing and she looks a little uneasy.

"I mean sure, I guess." I hear Allen answer.

"I-um like you, Allen. Will you go out..." She pauses, OH NO! She's confessing already?

"Allen will you go out with me?" I froze. I notice Isoko had joined my side and heard it too. She pats my shoulder and gave me a apologetic look. We wait for Allen's response before interrupting.

"Uh...I don't know what to say." I hear Allen say. Isoko was getting ready to interrupt but I stop her, I want to hear his answer. "I kind of already like someone. I'm sorry." He turned her down!

But wait he already likes someone, could it be Taka, or Isoko, or someone I don't know? Isoko and I came around the corner and Akane looks up with tears in her eyes.

"What happened?" Isoko says, trying to act clueless.

"No-nothing." Akane cries. "I just got something in my eye that's all."

"Both of them?" Isoko tries to make her crack down and tell the truth.

"Yeah, some bug flew into her eye and then into the other." Allen lies. Akane looks up to Allen and silently thanks him. Which we can hear.