Chapter 8: Our Time Now

Written By: DGrayManLover

Chapter 8,

—Lenalee's POV—

"Ah..." I heard a female voice, "They're so cute!" the same voice whispered. Stupid dreams, I roll over back into the warmth of my bed.

"Shh.." I heard a male voice, "You'll wake them." I inched closer into the warmth again, my bed seemed to be moving. Almost as if it were breathing, my eyes shot open and they found someone's chest. That's right last night I fell asleep in Allen's bed. I look up toward his face and smile, his arms were wrapped around me tightly, I couldn't move from my position but I'm not complaining.

"Oh she's awake." I heard a familiar voice. I turn my face toward the end of the bed and saw Isoko and Takumi standing there with amused looks on their faces. My cheeks burn with embarrassment, I need to wake Allen up.

"Allen." I turn back toward him. "Allen." He begins to stir.

"Lenalee." He groans, rolling over to where he's on his back, which pulled me partially on top of him. Part of me was extremely happy and part of me was extremely embarrassed. Takumi and Isoko were in here.

"Please tell me you're fully clothed underneath those sheets." I heard Isoko's voice. Allen's breathing hitches in his throat and his eyes go wide, he quickly sets up releasing me and scooting across the bed.

"Yes they are." Link's voice said from behind me. I turned and he sat in the chair beside the bed.

"Have you been there all night?" I ask my eyes going wide.

"Yes." He answers rolling his eyes. "I won't let any hanky-panky be going on while I'm around." He says as Isoko laughs at him for using the word hanky-panky.

"Hey Lenalee are you bleeding?" Takumi asks. I look down and sure enough on my shirt was a deep red blood.

"It's not from me." I say inspecting underneath my shirt.

"It's from Allen." Link sighs. "One of his wounds must have opened up during the night."

Allen looks down and sure enough blood was seeping through his shirt near his abdomen. "Allen." My eyes go wide, "Let me see." I quickly un-button his shirt and check his wound. It had been a large cut, and some of the stiches had re-opened, causing the blood to seep through. "Lay down." I say to Allen. "Isoko, or someone get me something to stop the bleeding. Isoko takes off and shortly after returns with a rag. "Link get the Nurse." I say as I press the rag to his wound. Allen winces at first but quickly maintains his posture, he must not want to look weak infront of Takumi.

He smiles up at me with a pale face, "Thanks Lenalee." He says patting my arm. I look back down toward his wound, trying to hide the fact that I'm checking out the rest of him while he wasn't looking. His chest had several large scars, I wonder where he got all of them. He's definetely been through a lot more than I know of. I look back up to his face and he stared back at me with red cheeks, he had noticed that I was checking him out. My cheeks burn again and I look away as the Nurse runs into the room with a box, which contained the neccassary items to repair his wound.

I back away as she starts to sew his wound back up, he winces a couple of times but for the most part he doesn't seem to be fazed at all. "No more pushing yourself, you shouldn't move too fast." She says turning away from him and toward me. "Clean the blood up quickly. Other patients can't be in here with blood contaminating the area." I nod as she walks away.

"I'm going to go clean up." I sigh turning to leave.

"Yeah we'd better go too." Takumi says as he and Isoko join me as we walk out.

I return later and Allen was sitting there talking to Link. I need to find out if he likes me or not, I mean he was denying it up until he came back from the Science Lab. "Link can I talk to Allen?" I ask, he nods but stays seated beside Allen. "Alone?" I ask again.

"Oh uh okay." Link sighs, as he stands and leaves the room. I sit in the chair next to Allen's bed and glance at him through the corner of my eye.

He looked nervous, "So what did you want to talk to me about?"

Let's just get straight to the point, "Do you like me?" I say really fast. I look up not sure if he heard me or not, he was staring at me embarrassed.

"I do." He smiles, "But I'm not sure if it's safe for us to be together."

I smile wide and then it fades, "Why not?" I ask.

"Lenalee, I've been seeing things." He admits in a desperate manor.

"What do you mean seeing things?" I ask completely perplexed. "Like ghosts?"

"No, just this Dark Figure that haunts me. I see it when I look in the mirror, I saw it in the white room with the white piano." He says frightened. "Lenalee, he knows my name. He even knows Tim Canpy." I noticed the Golden Golem sitting on Allen's head, how long had he been there?

"Are you sure you just aren't day dreaming?" I ask, although Allen seems too scared to just be seeing things. "And what about this white room? I've never heard of a white room with a piano in it before. Well at least not in the Order anyways."

"Master Cross told me I had to play the key to open the Ark Gate." He says looking me in the eyes. "He's the one who pushed me into the place."

"Should we question him?" I ask, as I place my hand on his trying to comfort him.

"No, he mustn't know that I've told you." Allen says looking away.

"Too late for that." I hear General Cross's voice, I turn and see him standing in the doorway with Link.

"Crap." Allen mutters under his breath. "Master, what am I? Just tell me." He pleads.

"You are the 14th's Host." Link says entering the room and coming to Allen's bedside. I sit confused, who's the 14th?

"14th?" Allen questions.

"The 14th Noah. Neah Walker, your adoptive Uncle, was the last 14th Noah. He died fighting the Millenium Earl for his position as the Earl." Link continues. "So Allen Walker you are slowly becoming a Noah. That's why you keep seeing his shadow." My eyes go wide, Allen's becoming a Noah? I turn toward a shocked Allen.

"Miss Lenalee, I trust that you will keep this a secret." General Cross spoke. "So far only, Rouvelier, Link, Komui, Allen and you know. And might I suggest it stay that way."

"Of course." I smile toward Allen who seemed upset. "Allen don't worry, you won't change. I'll help you stay the same." He plasters his fake smile on his face again and puts it on display for me.

"Yeah." Is all he answers.

"It's inevitable." Cross mutters under his breath before exiting and Link soon follows. I'm going to lose Allen and I only just found out that he likes me back. I didn't even have time to feel happy about the fact that he likes me. Why is Allen's life so unfair?

—————

A/N: Well here's Chapter 8! Also for all you D.G-M fans out there it's almost been a year since the manga's last update, I'm kind of depressed. I need more D.G-M, Katsura Hoshino-sensei needs to update more often! I'm so sad, plus I've heard so much news about how it's discontinued, and then I hear it's not. I need to know!! Anyways there's my rant on D.G-M for this chap! Hope you enjoyed! ;)

Video: ONE (Japanese Single) by BEAST.

-DGrayManLover