10

It's been a little over a week since Collins and I stopped seeing each other and it hasn't been much different, Chloe comes to my house now instead of me going to her house, and she hasn't really noticed anything.

School was starting back up today, though. It was only five am and school started at seven but I was excited to get back to school and see my other friends that I rarely hang out with outside of school like John or Ashley.

I was doing my makeup while listening to music when Chloe FaceTimed me, I answered and continued blending my contour. She was in the middle of curling her blonde hair and dancing to music that was in the background, "Hey, am I picking you up?" I asked and she nodded and was about to reply when Collins burst into her bathroom, "Did you steal my toothpaste?" He asked annoyedly and he saw me on the phone screen, "Nadia." He said faking a smile but he looked annoyed still. "Yeah, here," Chloe said handing him the tube of toothpaste.

He took it and walked out and I continued doing my makeup and chatting with Chloe as we both got ready. We chose each other's outfits and before we knew it, it was time to go pick her up.

I ended the FaceTime call and went outside to my car. I flung my backpack in the backseat and started the car. It warmed up as I drove to her house, I waited in her driveway for a few minutes and eventually, she came out and her brother followed her. "Hey, can Collins ride with us? His car is in the shop." She said and I nodded.

He put all of our book bags on one seat in the back to make room for himself. Chloe and I talked about anything and everything on the way there while he was silent staring out the window.

We eventually got to school and we all poured out of the car and went up to the building we're going to be trapped in for the next eight hours.

We walked in and went separate ways to our lockers. I opened mine and shoved all my books in and then took out whatever I need for my morning classes. I walked to the cafeteria and made my way to our usual table. Steve and John were already sitting there and everyone else was probably still in the halls or running late.

I sat down across from the two boys and looked over at Collins' table. He was kissing a cheerleader while Brandon and Gavin talked amongst themselves. I rolled my eyes and focused on Steve and John. "So how was your guys' Thanksgiving?" I asked and they shrugged, "Great, my dad was there!" Steve said happily and I smiled knowing his dad went into the Navy two years ago and he's rarely home. Steve and he were very close before he left too.

"That's amazing bro!" I said smiling and John shrugged, "It was normal I guess." He said as Steve and I looked at him. "Good, mine was okay. A lot of drama though." I said and I could tell they were about to pry when Ashley and Sarah sat down.

We all talked about our thanksgivings and Black Friday shopping until the bell rang for first period. We all split up and went to our classes, I was walking out of the cafeteria with my head down when I ran into someone, I looked up and saw the girl that Collins was just making out with, "Excuse you," I said trying to shove past her but she pushed me back, "Move junior, I go first." She said and she started walking.

I don't know what came over me but pure rage rushed through my veins and I pushed her and she stopped moving and turned around, "You did not just put your paws on me!" She yelled and by now a crowd was starting to form, "Don't ever talk to me that way." I said before punching her jaw and a loud crack was heard as I connected with her face.

Collins ran out of nowhere and grabbed the cheerleader, "Let's go." He said to the girl and he started to pull her away while giving me a look that I didn't know what it meant.

"Show's over people, get to class," Brandon said and Gavin started pushing people away, both of the boys smiled at me and I made it to my calculus class before the late bell rang. I sat down and Chloe smiled at me, "I heard about your fight." And I rolled my eyes, "How the hell did you hear about that? It happened two minutes ago?" I asked and she chuckled and shrugged but we went back to paying attention to Ms. Harrison talking about Pythagorean theorem in a monotone voice.

We were halfway through History when the intercom turned on, "Nadia Sanchez report to the office immediately, Nadia Sanchez report to the office immediately." The stern principal's voice echoed through the room and I sighed. I started to pack up my things while people stared at me. I eventually stood up and adjusted my black ripped skinny jeans and chunky cropped beige sweater before grabbing my bag and walking out of the classroom without saying a single word.

I got to the office and the secretary brought me to the principal's room. The cheerleader was sitting in one chair across from the principal's desk and standing behind her was Collins. I sat down in the other chair a few feet from her and Mr. Jones sat down, he sighed and looked between us, "Okay, what happened?" He asked and I stayed silent and let the cheerleader get her bullshit excuse out before I told the truth.

She told some crazy story about how I just randomly attacked her and then started calling her racial slurs...even though she's white.

"And your side of the story?" Mr. Jones asked me and I sighed, "I was jealous of her making out with Collins, I think, so when I accidentally ran into her after breakfast she snapped at me and pushed me and that was my breaking point and I attacked her basically. There were no racial slurs though." I said and Collins looked stunned, "Okay, well Collins you're an honest man whom I trust. What happened?" Mr. Jones asked and Collins tore his eyes off of me and cleared his throat, "Nadia's side is what happened." He said and I smiled at him and nodded.

I received a two-week suspension, the cheerleader got a one-week suspension and kicked off the cheer team, and Collins managed to get me to agree to go on a date with him that Saturday.