15

"Three...two...one...happy birthday!" Chloe screamed as we watched the time pass. "Whoo!" I screamed and we laughed and settled down, it was finally my eighteenth birthday. Chloe and I were just sitting in my bedroom hanging out with Ashley and Sarah. "Two months left of school and five months until our senior year. We have these next two weeks of spring break to live it up!" Ashley said and we all cheered again.

"So can we go to sleep now and continue this party in a few hours?" Sarah asked and we laughed, "Definitely." I said and we all got comfy either on the floor or in my bed, I turned off the lights and we all went to sleep.

:::

"Get up birthday girl!" I heard a male voice say, I opened my eyes and squinted against the sun. I saw Steve and John sitting at the end of my bed, "Ugh." I said annoyedly but I still sat up and looked around, Ashley and Chloe were still asleep on the ground but Sarah was in my bathroom getting ready, "What time is it?" I asked and John checked his phone, "Almost ten." He said and I nodded.

"So what're the plans for today?" Sarah asked and I dragged myself out of bed and walked over to my closet, "During the day we're going shopping and eating at the Mexican place that I'm in love with, and then my mom will be home from work at like eight so I'll chill with her until like ten and then I'm throwing a huge party at Chloe's." I explained as I picked out my outfit.

I waited until Sarah was done in the bathroom before going in and taking a quick shower. I quickly got ready and all the girls took turns showering.

We did our makeup and got dressed and it was almost one by the time everyone was ready. "Mall?" Chloe asked and I nodded. We separated ourselves into two cars and made our way to the mall, I texted Collins and he said he'd meet us there with Gavin and Brandon.

We eventually arrived and Collins and his friends were waiting for us on a bench near the main entrance. I laughed as he grabbed me by the waist and spun me while kissing my cheek. He set me down and wished me happy birthday, Gavin had also slung his arm around Chloe and we all walked into the mall. "Where to first?" Collins asked me and I looked around, we first went to Starbucks and then made our way to Forever 21.

:::

It was almost six before we left the mall, everyone bought at least one thing for themselves but all the girls were walking out with arms covered in bags, Collins bought everything for me which I knew was just his parents money but it still made me feel guilty when I thought about what I was going to do later tonight.

"To the restaurant?" Collins asked and I nodded. We all got in our three separate cars and met at the restaurant.

:::

We had a nice dinner, well as nice as a bunch of teenagers can be. Then I headed home, Ashley and Sarah came with me but all the guys and Chloe went back to the Harris's to get ready for the party.

We all just hung out with my mom for awhile before she went to sleep to squeeze in a few hours before her grave yard shift. When she went to sleep we all went to my bedroom and changed into little party dresses and heels and then headed over to the Harris's house.

When we got there the party had already started, people were already dancing and drinking. People wished me happy birthday as I made my way towards the kitchen. I grabbed myself a drink before going to find Collins.

I decided I would break up with him at the end of the party so we could have one last night as a couple. I found Brandon before I could find Collins, "Hey where's my man?" I asked and he pointed towards the room where everyone was dancing while taking a sip of his drink.

I walked towards the room and found him standing against the wall, "There you are, I was waiting for you." He said before kissing me, "The birthday girl is here!" Collins screamed at the top of my lungs making me blush as everyone hollered.

He led me to the dance floor and we started grinding against each other, our bodies molding together as we found a perfect rhythm.

:::

The party was starting to die down which meant it was almost time to breakup with Collins. I was sober and I made sure he was too, I only let him have one beer the entire party.

"See you guys, thanks for coming!" I said to the last few people as the left. I closed and locked the door, the only people left in the house were Collins, Chloe, Gavin, Brandon, Sarah, Ashley, Steve, and John. Everyone was just chilling on the couch in the living room, I joined them as I plopped down between Collins and Ashley. Collins wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I leaned into him. "Well, I think we're going to head up to bed." Chloe said as she patted Gavin's leg and they stood up, "Keep it down." I said and they laughed and Chloe winked at us before follow Gavin upstairs and we all started laughing.

"We actually have something to tell you guys." Ashley said gesturing between her and Sarah, "Okay?" I said curiously. "Um...so...we-" Sarah said as she stuttered and Ashley grabbed her hand, "We're gay." She said and I smiled, "Good for you." I said and she laughed, "That's it?" She said and I laughed, "Same rules apply to you guys as to when Chloe dates someone, no fucking on my bed, no tmi, and no couple arguments in front of the group." I said and they laughed. "That was easier than I thought." Sarah said, "Well we better get going." Ashley said as she took Sarah's hand and they headed out the front door after everyone said their goodbyes.

"Do you guys have anything to tell us?" I asked jokingly to Steve and John and we all laughed. Eventually those two left also and Brandon decided he was too drunk to drive so he crashed in one of the guest bedrooms, "Let's go to bed." Collins said as he led me to his bedroom.

He went to his closet and got out a T-shirt and tossed it to me. I caught it but didn't change, "We need to talk." I said and he turned around and faced me. I avoided his eyes and played with a stray
stitch on the seam of the shirt.

"Yeah, I needed to talk to you too." He said and I nodded, I sat down on the edge of his bed and he joined me, "God I'm nervous..." I said and he took my hands in his, "Me too." He said and I leaned my head on his shoulder, "Let's say it at the same time." He said and I nodded, I moved so we were facing each other, "On three, one, two," I counted down.

"I want to break up."
"Let's get engaged."