She left without another word.

Clarke knew it was wrong to do what she was doing, luring Niylah back to her room whenever she felt like it. The fact that the other woman would follow without question made her wonder if it was out of pity. Because every time Clarke was hurting, turning up outside of her door with tear stains on her face from another nightmare, she would just smile and hold out her hand. Even before... even before Lexa was gone, when Clarke needed to distract herself from her own actions at mount weather, Niylah openly welcomed her. To say it was strange was an understatement.

Clarke pushed open the door to their meeting room to find Octavia stood, already adorned in her red warpaint. She looked up from the table and straightened from beside Abby.

"Clarke" she said "where were you? We were ready to leave without you."

Clarke sighed "I know, I know. I slept in. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Clarke" Luna raised her voice. She was leant against the wall beside Raven, supporting the mechanic who's leg appeared to be abnormally sore. It was evident in the way she slumped ever so slightly, avoiding putting any weight on her paralysed leg.

"Anyways..." Abby looked at each individual stood in the room "We need to talk"

"About what?" Clarke frowned as she settled into her chair at the far end of the table. She felt comfortable there, far in the corner where she was the last to be spoken to... most of the time.

"We sent out a hunting group a few days ago. Pike managed to get his hands on them." Abby sat down across from her.

"Are they in Polis?" Clarke asked. If they had been captured, Pike's first instinct would have been to take them to the most protected place he had. Polis. Polis, which had once been Lexa's home; what she had fought for since she rose to command. Now it belonged to her enemy.

"That's the thing. They're not"

Clarke raised an eyebrow and sat back in her chair "what do you mean?"

"They're safe, and back home. Right here in this building"

"But how? I thought you said they were captured?"

"Exactly." Abby leant forward "somebody helped them. I don't know who it was, but someone helped."

"How do you know?"

"They told us. They described them as a lone rebel. Dressed in black with a mask covering their features, so we'll never really know who it was. For all we know, it could be someone on Pike's side finally realising what he really is." Abby said

"Their aid has grown over the few months that we have been aware of them. There have been more cases where our people have been captured and they have just jumped out of nowhere and helped them escape" Luna added "I think we should set them up."

"What are you talking about?"

"Snatch them. We bring them back here, and find out exactly what they're trying to achieve."

"That sounds barbaric." Abby said in disgust.

"It sounds smart" Octavia nodded "we don't know what they want, or if there even on our side"