I just looked down into the cooler, realizing I really didn’t have any plans for after high school. School just wasn’t my thing, and college was definitely not happening.

But Danna’s question had got me thinking.

I shook my head, “No, no plans but… I guess one step at a time.”

Danna smiled at me, “You know, I didn’t go to college and I’m doing just fine.”

I looked at her and smiled, realizing she was absolutely right, “How’d you manage all this?”

She continued shoveling beers into the cooler while explaining, “Well let’s see, I had plenty of friends who were lesbian and gay, who also knew other people who were from college and work and such. There was no LGBT bar around for miles, so I knew getting all these people together and having a type of fundraiser would do me justice. I got sponsors from certain LGBT support groups and people who were well off, and soon I was able to put a down payment on this building and get started. Been going strong for ten years now.”

I sighed, “Sounds like a lot of work.”

She nodded, “It was, but it was totally worth it.”

I handed her the last of the beer to put into the cooler, “Ever thinking about opening another one?”

She looked at me, “Plenty of times, but that’s later on down the road.”

I smiled, “How far down the road are we talking?”

She closed the cooler and stood, smiling, “A few years at least. I’ve been talking to one of my good friends who live more up north, about an hour away. It’s about fifteen minutes away from the state college which would be a good spot, considering college is flowing with LGBT people.”

I nodded, thinking that it would actually make sense, and I knew another Jinx would be genius.

She waved her hand, “But that’s still up in the air, too soon to tell you anything.”

I smiled, “Am I the only one you’ve told?”

She nodded, “Yes, so if it gets around the bar I’ll know who to find.”

I laughed, “Don’t worry, your secret plan is safe with me.”

She leaned back on the bar, looking at me, “You’re not still involved with… you know?”

I shook my head, “No more drugs, figured I wouldn’t need it working here.”

She smiled, “You never needed it, just don’t bring it in here if you ever do get the urge to go back.”

I had been here for a while now that I’ve glanced at the clock, I just didn’t want to go home to Megan and Shawn, who would most likely be packing up all of Megan’s shit.