Chapter Two

“Who on earth would give a love note to me? I haven’t dated anyone for seventeen years!”

Ben giggled. I’m sure she’s a “straight girl” now.

“Seriously?! I don’t know. And for your information, you’re seventeen years old." Jerry imitated Mr. Stevens’ irritating voice, which made the moment pass awkwardly.

“Brian’s got an admirer.”

Ben shouted as if he just came out of the washroom after three hours of constipation, IN RELIEF.

Then there goes Jerry. “Our prayers have been answered.” Jerry shouted almost as if he had two more hours compared to Ben’s constipation.

Sometimes, even if your friends are really embarrassing to be with, you can’t just kill them. The only thing you can do is laugh.

“Hey! Will you meet her?” Ben asked as she was opening a can of Coke and by the looks of it, she’s having a hard time. 

Jerry butted in and grabbed Ben’s Coke and opened it in a snap.

“Are you sure that it’s from a girl?”

“Bloody hell! Of course, it’s from a girl.” Ben tried to emphasize it on the word girl.

“How did you know?” Jerry is now flashing his triumphant smile.

“I just did.” Ben looks a little irritated.”

“Maybe you’re the one who did that! That’s why you’re so sure! HA!”

Jerry looked at me  then looked at Ben then at his watch, which is Rolex, by the way.

"Seriously, Me and Ben? That isn’t possible. I’m dating.”

In that blink of an eye moment, Mark Reynolds walked in front of us and kissed Ben on the lips. It wasn’t romantic. Mark Reynolds is not the same with patriotic Mark earlier. Don't get confused. Reynolds was tall and he is the lead man of a band. Ben has this thing for guys who do music.

You can refer the term cute for it.

“Get a room!” Jerry said then he shoved his way to our next class, which is History.

Ben skipped class. Mark skipped class too.

So, it leaves Jerry and me as seat mates.

“Jerry,” I whispered it with too much caution that actually I just made a very stupid mute gesture. After that self-embarrassment, I cleared my throat and poked Jerry.

“Do you think that it’s worth the shot?”

At that time, Jerry was writing something on his notebook. History is his favorite subject. Ms. Brown is his favorite teacher. It’s not coincidence. Ms. Brown is really really curvy. If I’ll use Jerry’s definition, Ms. Brown is bodacious and sophisticated. If I’ll use Ben’s definition, Ms. Brown is a seductress. She hates Ms. Brown a lot because she doesn’t learn anything from her. But damn, she still manages get an A+. She’s some sort of Einsteinian. After a minute, of making stories in my mind, Jerry passed a note.

“Yah! Go ahead. You’ll meet your mom at six, right? We’ll pick her up plus the cheesecake." I looked at Jerry. Then I knew it, I’m going to have a date. Everything happened so fast, afterwards. Advance Chemistry. Painting. And Calculus.

“Oh you’re still alive.” Jerry is now staring at Ben who looks so wasted and bedazzled at the same time.”

“I think I love Mark.”

Ben is now crying. This is the first time she cried because of a boy. Well, second actually. The first was when she punched jerry on his nose. Jerry touched her breasts checking if she’s straight or homo. That’s the time when we knew about her sexuality. Dual. She’s a dual.

“Ben, you also said that when you dated John.” I said. Jerry is now Ben’s human handkerchief. She’s sneezing and crying on his shirt.

“Who is John?” Ben said.

“What the hell? How can you forget somebody you loved? That’s not even possible.”

Jerry is now looking pissed not because of his mucus infested shirt but because of the nasty stares that he’s receiving. Blimey, if I weren’t their friend, I might think that they’re a couple that’s going to go bananas, as in banana split.  Oh darn it. My humor is crappy sometimes; my mind is way thinking too fast to filter the things that I blurt out on my conscious being.

“Breath in. Breath out.” I instructed them to do so. We were exhaling then inhaling then,  at last, we reached our cars. "Keep her safe.” I pointed at Ben.

"I’ll drive her home then I’ll just meet her up later.” Jerry can sometimes be a good guy.

“Shut up. I’ll drive." Ben was drying her eyes.

"No you don't." Jerry grabbed Ben by the waist and carried her to his car and placed her at the backseat and made sure that her seatbelt is strapped. Ben was trying to break free but she just can't. She's just 5'2.

"Say hi to your date" Jerry said. I looked at Ben and noticed her eyes pleading.

"Sorry. I'll see you later. Let's talk about your love problems. Okay?"

Ben's submissive self smiled a bit then all of a sudden they're gone. I went to my red BMW. I did my smell check. Overall smell, check. Armpit, check. Clothes, check. Am i supposed to look good without the impression that i tried to look good. I wore my ear piece and called my mom while i was driving.

"Mom, Ben and Jerry will join our little picnic. Are you cool with that?"

I can hear the static in my ear. "It's alright. I actually foresaw it that they'll be coming." My mom's voice is soothing. I think mothers have this certain gift, the gift of calmness.

"I'm driving and I'm wearing my ear piece. No fuss. " I said.

"Take care."

She giggled like she's having some sort of a secret joke and she won't be telling me. Not yet.

"Drive safely. By the way, Ben called and told me she's with Jerry at the time. They were telling me you're going out on a date. You're growing too fast. Tell me all about it later. Bye."

Then she giggled again with her voice sounding like butterflies of spring.

I turned left then i turned right. Stoplight. Stoplight. Two more streets and i'll know the person.

What if, it's not agirl?

what if she's not beautiful?

But wait,

WHAT IF SHE'S BEAUTIFUL?

What if she's the ONE?

Help me God.

As i was  about to take a right turn, a girl came running. I stepped on my breaks but it was too late.

And at that moment i knew it, I'm screwed.