-18-

I can't watch but I can't look away. I honestly don't know which option is worse. I watch the way her body tenses and she fights herself to keep kissing him, she wants to pull away but she can't. I fight back tears for putting her through that. My sweet, strong girl.

I punch the wall next to the Believer's head. He flinches and makes a high pitched noise of fear. That helps make me feel the tiniest bit better. I smirk. I can't wait to hear my brother make noises like that. 

"Make your call to The Savior. I expect that the traitor and I will be in route to her within the next ten minutes." I snarl.

He scrambles, still scared. It makes me feel good. Powerful. He nods too frightened to speak to me. His words are just static in the background, he tells Rika what's happening as I watch my brother take off his pants. My eyes widen. We wanted him away from his things in case he had any tracking devices on himself, or something to alert any other agents, this was my plan but my stomach still clenches. His movements seem to slow as he reaches for her to steady his drugged body. She looks relieved. I allow myself a small sigh also in relief. 

"The Savior said you're doing a great job. She wanted you to know she's very proud of you. She..." The Believer gulps, scared to meet my eye. Much different from the cocky jerk we drove here with. Crazy what a broken nose will do to a guy. "She wanted me to th-thank you for... p-passing along you t-t-toy to m-me." 

He finishes his sentence with a wince afraid to meet my eye. Poor, stupid, slimy snake of a woman, she's only making things worse for herself. And her little messenger. My fist clenches and unclenches, my jaw tightens. 

"Let's go." I hear myself growl.

She doesn't run into my arms when we walk into the safe house. I want her to, but she doesn't. 

Her hands are shaking, her face is pale, she looks like she wants to cry, to scream. I feel terrible. Of course she doesn't want to be by me, I'm the cause of all of this. I look at the floor in sorrow.

"Poor little toy. I can make you feel better." 

My sorrow is shoved violently away by rage. Did he forget his fear so quickly? Does he really think I follow Rika orders so blindly? Did he mistake my silence as weakness? I'm too busy raging. She swiftly hits him in the throat and he falls to his knees gasping for breath, she makes sure he looks up at her before she shoves her palm against his nose, sending the broken bone further back into his head. He goes down heavily.

And then she's in my arms, tears on her cheeks. My sweet, strong girl.

A/N

Yo, work has been killing me, and this chapter reflects that. I apologize for that, because this is kind of the worst. Also, I wanted to say a HUGE thank you! I cannot believe this little story is at 1.1k reads. I'm flabbergasted honestly. I appreciate you guys so much! <3 Thank you, thank you, thank you. I swear, I'm trying to do better for this story.

<3 Sam