~15~

I ride in the backseat with the window cracked, the breeze softly plays with my hair. I study Saeran when I'm not nervously studying the material of my dress. His beautiful jaw is clenched tightly as he glares ahead at the road before us, probably going over the plan again and again. Both of us were a pile of double crossing nerves and the Believer driving had no clue.

We had an hour. Thirty minutes before the traitor got there. My hands started to shake. I shut my eyes, gulped, inhaled through my nose, when I opened them again he was staring back at me. I can do this. For him, I can do anything. One hour.

Get to the safe house. Make it look like I actually live there. Prepare food and drinks. Wait for Luciel. Once the traitor is there get him comfortable, offer him refreshments, get his guard down, make him laugh, make him want me, get him out of his clothes and away from all devices, wait for Saeran. Saeran would disable anything the idiot hacker had on him to help in any way then we would take care of the Believer. I would leave Saeran with his brother while I made an anonymous call to the police station spouting my concerns over Mint Eye, saying my sister had recently run away and I had found information for the cult on her computer. Saeran would finish up with his brother and we would watch from the nearby forest as Rika was taken down. Then our lives together could begin. Easy enough, right?

We pull into the driveway of the safe house and I feel the hot, sour taste of bile crawling up my throat.  The Believer smirks at me, I clench my fist ready to knock the look right off of him. Saeran takes my shoulder and my fight is gone, his simple touch turning me into putty. He leads me inside. My eyes never leave his face.

Inside his mask falls. He is no longer the cold, silent robot Rika made him into, he is the caring, wonderful man he wants to be. He runs his shaky hands through his hair. I grab his hand and he looks at me. With our eyes locked I realize we're both leaning on the other, the strength and reassurance I keep looking for in him, he's also looking for in me.

Knowing he needs me too fills me with a new power, one no one can stop or take away. I pull his body to mine, hungrily crashing my lips on to his. "They're going to pay Saeran. They're all going to get what they deserve for ever hurting you."