-2-

Her eyes are shut, her body snuggled closely to my own, my fingers trace the bruises I left behind. My mind goes back to when she first arrived at Mint Eye, when the bruises weren't mine. When her eyes were empty, when she just wanted a place to belong, a place that wouldn't hurt her anymore.

I've never wanted to protect a person more than her. It's always made Rika crazy, I've put myself on the line so many times to save her from the elixir, to keep Rika's hands off of her. She is mine and if it really comes down to it, if we take away all of our dumb games, I am hers. My breath hitches as I watch the peaceful way she slumbers in my arms. Sometimes all she would have to do is ask and I'd gladly run away with her. If she opened her precious little mouth right now and said the words, I'd even forget the mission with my brother. I'd take her away, pretend we weren't broken, terrible maggots feeding on the rotten meat of revenge and the empty promises from Rika. This is the weakness Rika beats me for. The weakness I have to hide and turn to anger against Saeyoung.

She moves in my arm, uncomfortable against my rigid anger. I pull her closer, kissing her head hoping I didn't hurt her when I pulled her hair earlier. I know when she wakes up I have to put my softness away and we have to play the boss game again. I hate that Rika won't let us be. I can see the game excites her, both of them, but it doesn't make her happy, the beautiful, wonderful girl in my arms. I sigh in frustration and she stirs. A small sleepy smile on her lips. I kiss them.

"You can wash up first. I know how The Savior hates it if you smell like me." Her gaze and tone drop sadly.

Just say the words, princess and we can go. My brain screams.

I kiss her again, fiercely, pinning her down. I steal her breath and pull away watching her eyes shine as she gazes up at me. "No one is the boss of me." I growl and push myself up to begin getting dressed. "I hope she smells you all over me." I can see the goosebumps crawl across her skin and the smile she shoots me is more than worth the night in a cell I'll get if Rika catches me.

She sits up not bothering to cover her naked body with the sheet tangled in her legs. She yawns as she blinks at me. I don't want to send her off to blink those same gorgeous eyes at my stupid, traitor of a twin. "I'm going to hate him. Hopefully I won't blow it all. I'll try my very best for you, I promise I will."

"He'll love you. It doesn't matter how poorly you do at making him think you love him back. We just need you to get him back here." I say coldly even though I want to hold her and tell her if she doesn't want to do it, we can make a different plan. Wants aren't a thing that are granted  at Mint Eye though. What Rika says goes, and Rika said it was time my little Believer pulled her weight, especially since she doesn't take the elixir. I had to quickly piece together the plan about my brother before The Savior could come up with something worse.

Anything to protect her.