Chapter 25 - Ambrose Residence: Strike #Free?

Saturday 9th of August

Today I woke up at around ten and hopped out of bed. I placed my glasses on and walked into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and had my shower. I walked back into the room and assessed the three outfits, Leah liked. After trying them on, I went with outfit 3. It was simple but elegant in my opinion.

I started to put on my black and cream horizontal striped jumper and wore my black tights. I placed my feet into my cream boots and wrapped a black scarf around my neck. I carried my cream bag and wore my cream wrist watch. Before going, I placed the green contact in and some sunglasses. I placed a nude lipstick on my lips and smiled.

I walked downstairs and I could hear my family talking at the breakfast table. They were talking about me. I stayed behind the wall that protrudes out from the stairs before entering the sitting room.

“I don’t know what’s gotten into her. I mean first she starts arguing with me at the start of the year because I didn’t prepare her breakfast”

“Why?” my father asked

“That’s not the point Donald. Then she yells at her sister, then at me, then at you. She brings a guy over that we never knew about. She’s always out of the house doing homework which I think is an utter lie. Then she goes shopping after school and dyes her hair black. Also, she’s no longer friends with Jade then who is she hanging out with?” Karen wondered

“She actually dyed her hair darker at the top and lightened the ends” Ashley mentioned

“I know my daughter Karen, she’s the not the kind of person to open up easily. I know something is going on but she doesn’t want to say anything. I just wish she could tell me, I’m her father” my dad sighed

“I’m her mother” Karen said. Please, you’re not my mother.

“Ashley, do you know anything?” my dad asked

“It’s my fault” she said

“What do you mean Ashley, it’s not. If anything it’s your sister’s fault” Karen soothed

“No mum, it’s my fault. What she’s going through is because of me. That’s the reason we had that huge fight until you interrupted and started arguing with her” Ashley snapped.

“Excuse me?”

“Yeah mum, you do treat her differently” Zach added

“I had no idea. Anyways Donald, I need some money for grocery shopping.” She changed the subject.

I decided to leave before they caught me listening on their conversation. I had called a taxi and I was to meet at the Rose Gardens Café, which is where Lisa arranged for us. I quickly tiptoed outside and closed the door. The taxi was waiting for me and I got in the front seat. I told him where we were going and he said nothing but drive.

Half an hour later we arrived. I paid the driver and ran unto the white sidewalk. The place was so beautiful. It had a white arch as the entrance with pink roses in between the holes. The path was white with red roses on the side. As you walked, there were hedges of different sculptors and many different flowers. There was also a water fountain with a dolphin spraying out water. Then I was stopped by a guard.

“Who are you accompanying?” He asked. He was French.

“Madame Ambrose” I answered and he checked his list.

“Ah Madame, enter” opened the double doors.

I thanked him and on the other side was a gazillion steps. After huffing and puffing, gosh I’m unfit, there was a garden. There was a pool on the left and there was some gardening happening on the right. I kept walking on the white path and there were small white round tables with red tablecloths. I looked around until I saw Lisa waving.