Chapter 23 - An idea comes when you least expect it.

Friday 8th of August

You know the saying, ideas will come when you least expect it. Well it happened now. I was fresh out of idea on how to get my diary and I have been isolating myself from Akemi and Andrealle because I know they’ll want to talk me out of it.

This morning, I had walked into the school and people were crowding around Precious on the upper floor. I wondered what all the fuss was. I tried to see but people were blocking me so I had to elbow my way through, occasionally having to apologize but I needed to know what was going on.

As I get to the front and I see Precious holding my diary and she was reading a passage from my diary. I listened carefully and it was the page where I was describing my crush but I didn’t say who it was. Someone informed Precious I was here and I saw her smile deviously.

“Jamie, nice of you to join in the fun” She smiled fakely

“I was just reading your book and I really want to figure out who this mysterious guy is. Maybe he even goes to our school” she says in wonder. She clears her throat.

“Dear diary, I saw him again. Eep! I know you’re wondering what he looks like. He is the definition of HOT. He has beautiful brown eyes that could melt my insides. He has cute dimples and he’s smart. He’s so athletic and strong. He’s popular but I don’t think he’ll ever notice me. I wish I was bold and confident like all the girls he’s been with. I’m just plain old boring Jamie. But I still have this little hope that maybe, I’ll be his but I guess I’m being delusional. Love Totally Love-struck” Precious read.

“Ooh. Jamie, the suspense is killing me. Let’s read another one” Precious smiled

“Dear, diary. I saw him and he smiled to me with his pearly white teeth of his. Of course the smile wasn’t for me but a girl can dream. I think I can write down who he is……..his name is…….”

By then I had walked out. I really didn’t want to be there when she revealed who it was. She can tell everyone but I don’t want to be there when she does it. I bumped into Luke.

“Hey Jamie, where are you going? You’re lockers’ that way” he pointed

“Just want to leave” I said

“Bad day huh?” he asked.

“About to be, look I really. Can you…please” I push past him and walk out the back door.

He’s probably wondering what the matter is but he’ll soon find out and when he does…he’ll know.

I walked out to the courtyard and sat on the bench. I sat and just looked around. I pulled out a book out of my bag and started to read. It was the book where she got sucked into another world where everything was alternate.

I was so caught in the book that I hadn’t realized that I had missed 3 periods and lunch. I quickly looked for a chocolate bar and shoved in my bag. I ran to my locker and picked my journalism book. I headed straight to the journalism room and ignored the stares. I sat at the back and waited for Miss King to say something but she didn’t. She told us to just work on another article.

 Shh……

Shh….don‘t tell anyone. Promise you won’t say anything? It’s between you and me, Pinkie swear and cross my heart. We’ve all used those words and quite frankly it doesn’t always work. No matter how long we keep quiet, there will always be a way for it to leak.

I can honestly I’m one of those people. I have a diary, like most girls we keep hat we think, our fears, who we like and so forth but what do we do when someone else has read it?

You know what they say. The truth will set you free but not always.

 I was called by Miss King while I was in the middle of typing. I looked up and saw Leah; she told me that she had picked me for a survey. I got up and walked outside. I follow her and she decides to talk in the cafeteria.

“So what’s your survey?” I ask

“It’s not a survey” Lisa told me

“What is it?” I ask

“I want to help you” she tells me

“Help me? With what” I was confused

“Getting your diary” Lisa tells me

“Yeah but how”

“I know where it is. It’s in her house” Lisa says

“Why can’t you get it” I ask

“You need to do it and I’ll just be an anonymous tip” Lisa explains

“Ok, how are we going to get into the house?”

“A disguise” Leah suggested

“Last time, I did, I nearly got in trouble with your mum” I pointed out

“Yeah, I know. I saw you” Lisa shakes he head

“Well what’s the game plan?” I ask

“I can’t tell you until you willing to do what it takes” Lisa asked

“What is it?” I look at her

“I’m not telling you till you agree”

“Sure” I say

“You’re going to pose as one of Precious’ friends”