Chapter one : Meteor shower

location : Earth

  " Looks like there's gonna be a show tonight folks " the anchorwoman said " so grab your blankets and that special someone and head outside to see meteor shower around 10:00 central . It's gonna be beautiful don't miss it". " this is Tina Swanson reporting for klnb news good night".

Location: International SpaceStation

  James Richards  let his body rest inside the suit attached to the harness holding him to the side of the space station as  Kelly Meeks his crew mate finished the last of their painstakingly teedious job of replacing station emergency sensors. As she turned the last bolt  finishing their  job the com inside his helmet went off  and captain Rilton came across the speaker" Hey guys get over to the airlock asap, get in now .

  "What's up . over." James questioned?

   "Heard from Houston we are going on high alert they believe a cluster of asteroids are coming in early than the main wave that's supposed to hit at 22:00 later tonight ." " If this is true we're gonna be directly in the clusters path .We're taking refuge in the escape pod till tomorrow morning."

  "K boss we're heading that way"

  Just as James and Kelly began making their way back to the air lock some movement to the right caught James eye " what was that " Kelly  questioned from behind it happened again but this time to their left "was that what I think it was " questioned Kelly again

  " Move now the cluster is already here "! They began moving quickly to the airlock door . James was pulling it open as quickly as the door would allow. A large flash filled the airlock with light as James climbed in head first. Kelly was already working the panel to begin pressurizing the compartment and fill it with air. "We've got to get to that escape pod ,one compartment was just hit "  James said

As if to accentuate his words a loud rumbling sound filled the room as everything shook wildly. The sides of the compartment groaned  as another explosion rocked the station.

  As soon as the inner airlock door opened Kelly and James both started forward . they went through the latch pushing their weightless bodies down to the next compartment. they pulled on any wall fixtures trying to propell themselves forward .

   A strange green smoke was every where moving in wisps. It was almost like finger trying to pick at every little crevace. It was moving as if at its on freewill . He shook himself from the hindersome daze and focused on moving forward. They could hear orders from the captain to the rest of the crew being screamed over the com to evac to the escape pod . They were abandoning the station , nix that, they had lost the station she was flying to pieces .

  James could see debri flying by the small view ports as they passed them by on their way to the escape pod. He suddenly seen a body part fly by outside catipulting him into action pushing Kelly forward against her loud protests

  " You'll thank me later" was all he said in response to her panicked screams of protest.

  They were just about to the lock that lead to the escape pod. Then James heard the most gut wrenching tearing sound he'd ever heard . He pushed Kelly with all he had kicking her off with his feet and pushing off with his hands. Kelly flu into the lock but James knew he was moving forward to slow to go all the way in, in time . He stretched his arms full length " just a little more". James hand brushed the red emergency button causing the lock lock door to slide shut. He didn't have time to see the green mist snake into the airlock with Kelly .           The compartment walls around him groaned as the wall opposite the airlock began to crack at the seams and was sucked away sucking James screaming body out with it" aaaaauuuuuhhhhhh aaaaauuuuhhh" .

Then their was silence because the sound from Kelly banging on the escape pod door couldn't travel through space and no one was left to hear her scream.

Kelly fell against the pod wall crying and slamming her gloved fist down on the chair in front off her .

  She began to violently pull and grab at the space suit to get it off clastrophobia overtaking her distraught body .

  She took no notice of the green mist that began to fill her nostrils and mouth as she ripped the helment off pulling in deep ragged breath sobes.

  She barely realized she was quickly loosing consciousness as she fell forward hitting the bottom of the pod.