Chapter 17

We continue practice as usual but with the prince giving me smiles from time to time. It's almost enough for me to regret my decision, but i don't.

I love practicing my kicks. The more i practice the better i am at doing them. A nicely placed kick can knock a person unconscious, incapacitate them or give you the advantage in a fight. That's what I want for these guys, and not just kicks but general foot work. The ability to step quickly away from an attack, or to block and be on the offensive. It also helps in sneaking around quietly as you will know where to step to remain undetected by an enemy. I need them to know this not just for tonight, or tomorrow's activity but it may be useful during the war.

They had already ran so we started the stretches and exercise, squats, lunges and timed routines such as, five push ups, five squats then five star jumps in the first minute,  then next minute add five more to each and the next minute until fifteen minutes are over. They could use their werewolfspeed if they wanted to. If they hadn't finished within the minute they had to stop and stand aside and wait for their punishment exercise. Most of them were out around the tenth minute and nobody reached the fifteenth minute. The best was thirteen minutes which was Greg and surprisingly Nathan. Their punishment was to sprint across the field and back the number of laps depended on the number of minutes they did not manage to do, those that stopped at ten minutes had to sprint five laps and Nathan and Greg only had to do two.

After their laps, they had to find their partner and practice. They could only use their legs and feet. Hands were only allowed for defensive purposes, nothing else. Their kicks weren't terrible, though slightly predictable.

I showed them a few new moves like, if their opponent manages to jump over their leg sweep, if they were fast enough, they could use their other foot to kick one of their opponent's foot to unbalance them and make them fall. I also showed them a move where if your opponent has a firm grip of one of their legs, after catching them in the middle of a kick, they can use it as leverage to use the other leg to kick them hard enough to make them let go and hopefully knock them down. I then had to show them how to not land on their faces after the last move i showed them.

Finally i told them to cool down as it was time up.  All in all it was a good and productive session, where i got to help people iron out some of their kinks, encouraged others and also reprimanded others. I even swapped pairs around just to make a little more interesting.

What bothered me though was the amount of unnecessary attention i was now giving to Jackson, like how his ass looked while doing squats, or how his muscles bulged during the pushups, his shorts falling a little lower with each jump while his shirt rose so that i could almost see the V-line or even how he was more elegant and graceful with his foot work than the others. I caught myself staring more times than I would care to count and mentally slapped myself to snap out of it.

I hate that stupid mate bond.

I don't want to talk to him so when i see him heading my way, i panic. Luckily or unluckily, i see Rowan and all but dash to her side and drag her away from whoever she was talking to and also away from Jackson.

"So you were saying something about hanging out, what did you have in mind?" I said as it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Her face lit up and she started talking but i was only half paying attention so i agreed with everything she said while focusing on us getting away from Jackson as quick as possible, who was also trying to stop me and get to me but there were too many people between us, which i am grateful for  and i was too far to hear anything though I could guess he was calling out my name.

Once inside the castle, i head towards my assigned room, deep in thought about Jackson and me possibly developing feelings for him, it's only when I'm about to shut the door to the room and it gets stopped that i remember that I'm with Rowan and she has been talking the whole time.

".... be good. So i will see you then." She finishes off to a conversation i had forgotten we were having.

"Sorry what did I just agree to?" I ask, scared to find out the answer.

She looks at me funny, then answers, "Well, you just agreed to come and have an early dinner with me tonight before your big game that i heard you having and that we could talk and get to know each other better and maybe make other plans to hang out again sometime soon, and that you were looking forward to it. The rest of the time i was just ranting on what to eat and where we should eat."

"Oh i just realised i can't make it tonight, sorry." I try and get out of it.

Then she hits me with the cutest most adorable puppy dog eyes i have ever seen and says with a slight quiver in her voice, " but you promised you would be there and i kept asking if you didn't have any plans and you were sure of it and you kept saying yes."

Now i am an assassin, the best of my generation, the youngest of my generation. I have seen things that would give your nightmares nightmares. I am cold and calculating almost to the point of cruelty. I am a monster.

But even i am not horrible enough to say no to that face.

"I'll make some changes but i will be there."

Her face brightens and she smiles so big, her pearly whites are on full display and i fear she may hurt her face.

"But can it be in the kitchen and just simple burgers." I ask her.

"Yes, yes, ya totally." She then proceeds to squeal in high pitched tone that could have dogs barking in pain. "I'm so excited. I'm gonna go tell the chefs now." She then dashes off. "See you later." She shouts over her shoulder.

I watch her run down the hall then disappear down the stairs.

I blame Jackson for this.

*

It's just the first part, don't worry. I got stuff coming, exciting stuff.

Happy 'belated' holidays and new year :)

I hope 2019 is better than last year for all of us, though it's looking like no

Anywho I love you guys.

Remember

VOTE your love

COMMENT your thoughts

And

SHARE this awesome book.

NENE out.