Chapter 5

Well that was unexpected.

"I need you to train my guards so that we can win this war, and I chose you because you are the best werewolf hunter out there."

I laughed.

As in full blown laughter. It probably wasn't a good idea to laugh at The Werewolf King but I couldn't help it. It was just too funny.

"What makes you think that I'm going to help you. "

"I will give you anything you want, within reason and I will owe you one. "

Mommy an 'I owe you one' from the alpha king himself. Interesting.

"Besides, " he continued, "If we lose, the rouges will take over the kingdom and may find it fit to terrorize the humans, who have never heard of our existence and then we will be forced to go to ear with them or go into hiding, and I'm pretty sure that you don't really need the extra competition. "

Good point.

I was just about to agree when the door burst wide open. I immediately jumped into my attack pose, then I saw the hottest guy I had ever seen. Even Mason, the alpha of the Black Moon pack, had nothing on him.

He had chestnut brown hair that was neatly combed back, and wore a white jacket, black dress pants with a red and blue sash to show that he was a royal, but what drew me in were his striking green eyes that seemed to stare right into my soul.

"Mine." he growled.

And in that moment all I wanted to do was run into his arms and let him hold me and I could tell that he wanted the same thing but instead I turned my head back to the king. I heard a soft growl of disapproval but I ignored it.

"Fine, I'll help with the war but I have demands though,-"

"-Anything you need will promptly be provided for your use. " The king said cutting me off.

I glared at him. "I'm not. Yet done. Speaking. I want together paid for everyday I train your guards and extra for the war."

University isn't going to pay for itself.

He looked as if he was about to attack me at my tone but something was keeping him from doing so, so instead he answered with a stiff nod.

I continued, "I'll start training them on Monday, so make sure they are well rested. It might be a while until their next one. And my methods aren't by the book so please refrain from disturbing me at all and once this war is over I'll leave."

I heard a soft whine from behind me and all I wanted to do was to hug him and forget everything about my horrible stepfamily, about being a hunter, about my revenge and accept him, but I knew I couldn't. It took all my might not to look back and I once had to stop myself from attacking my teacher for giving me an A when it was obvious I was supposed to get an A+.

Oblivious to what was happening between me and his son , accepted the deal.

"Good. I'll be back tomorrow to meet the warriors and get a proper tour of the castle. Good night and goodbye."

I suddenly felt a pair of solid arms wrap around me and I could feel the sparks on my bare skin. I immediately knew that they were my mates.

Mmmmm

I need to find out his name.

Oh it doesn't matter. You don't want a mate and he won't want you.

As much as the last part hurt, I knew I had to listen to the more reasonable voice in my head.

"You are mine. You are not leaving me. You are not leaving me ever. No else can have you because you are Mine." My mate said, growling the last word.