Chapter 8

Here was a girl, I had never met before in my life because she was a well known huntress who kills my kind, standing in my father's study, just about ready to kill me but all I wanted to do was hold her in my arms forever.

I know, I have my priorities straight.

Aiden was howling in excitement until she ignored me like I was invisible and turned back to my father. We both growled in disapproval of our mate's actions.

She can not disrespect us like that. We need to mark her and show her, and others that she's mine.

Calm down Aiden. She is obviously human, so can't feel the pull as much as we do.

I still say we should mark her.

Don't worry we will, soon, but for now shhhh.

Because of Aiden, I missed the beginning of the conversation and I only started paying attention when she was listing her demands and how she works and by the look on my father's face he didn't like being told what to do.

"And once this war is done," she said, "I'll leave."

I know I should be asking myself, 'what war?' but instead I whined aloud at the thought of her leaving me. Basically, it hurt but what made it worse was that my father agreed and she dismissed herself.

I quickly stepped over to her and wrapped my arms around her. She was so small compared to me and she fit perfectly in my arms. I could feel the sparks on every part that I touched her.

"You are mine. You are not leaving me, ever, and no one else can have you because you are mine." I growled.

She leaned into me for a bit then slipped out of my hold and pushed me away. She looked at me furiously and said angrily, "I am not yours, and I'm not an object that you can just simply claim." She turned and stormed out the door, banging it behind her.

Way to go idiot. You just had to say something stupid.

Shut up.

I looked at my father and he looked at me.

"What was that all about?" he asked.

"She is my mate father."

For a king known for his diplomatic words, finding out that his son, the heir to the throne and his kingdom, was mates with a feared huntress, he could not, for the life of him, come up with anything better to say than,

"Oh."

He was at a loss for words but I was determined to make her mine, even if it was the last thing I ever did.

It then occurred to me that I didn't know what war he was talking about because as far as I was concerned, our kingdom had had peace since over five hundred years before. I looked at my father questioningly.

"Father, what war were you talking about with her?"

He sighed and it seemed like all the energy he had had left his body. "Not tonight son. I'll tell you about it when I brief everyone tomorrow."

"Everyone?"

"As you have probably noticed, most of the alphas from every pack in America have come to this ball. It was not just for your sake son, it was for the sake of our people's safety and the continuation of peace between us, other super naturals and the humans. They and your mate will be here tomorrow for a briefing of the events that have occurred in the past couple of months."

I bowed my head slightly and replied, "Okay father."

"Good. Now go see if your mate is still there. Maybe she will dance with you."

I smiled at him, grateful for the suggestion and ran out of his office to try and find her. Hopefully she would still be there.

I spotted her close to the wall talking to a few girls and by the look on half her face, she wasn't very interested in the conversation.

I went to the announcer and told him that it was now time for me to choose a girl to dance with. It was not part of the schedule but luckily he understood.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the announcer bellowed, "it is time for the royal dance!"

I noticed a lot of the women preparing themselves to hopefully be chosen but I had eyes for only one girl. The lights in the room dimmed and a spotlight was placed on me. I walked to the centre of the floor then faced the direction of my mate. My eyes never strayed from her once as I made my way over to her. I stopped a few feet away from her and asked,

"Will you dance with me?"

Everyone in the room gasped but she just lifted a brow and said amusedly,

"Now why would I do that?"

"Humour me." I countered while stretching my hand out to her. She took it and I lead her to the dance floor.

I could feel the sparks all through my body because of her close proximity to me and I loved it. I couldn't wait to make her mine.

I looked at her face, or at least the half I could see and tried to memorize it so that I could be able to spot her, without her mask on, in a large crowed, a mile away. It was then that I realised she was smiling. At me. Not glaring, not about to kill me, not furious, but full fledged, genuine smiling. The kind of smile that made her eyes light up in joy and happiness and made her look more beautiful, if that was even possible. As I smiled back at her, I promised myself that I would do anything to see that smile on her face again and to keep it there.

Then, out of nowhere, she took a step back away from me. My body ached to hold her again and I was just about to do that when she said, "I enjoyed the dance. Thank you." And ran out of the ball.

I was about to go after her, when I remembered that she would be coming back here tomorrow. That and also, she probably would have kicked my ass if I had.

I went back to standing next to the throne with my father on it and noticed that Nathan was no longer there. He probably was off somewhere enjoying the party, but now that my mate was gone the party would not be as fun anymore and it was going to be a long night.

.

.

.

February's chapter hope you enjoy it and super sorry for the really late update.

In other news, I PASSED MY O-LEVELS!!!!!!! YAY ME, which means...

...more...

...school.

Damn.

Oh well nothing I can do about it now.

This month's chapter will be up in a few minutes

I love you guys.

Remember

VOTE your love

COMMENT your thoughts

And

SHARE this awesome book.

NENE out.