Chapter 3

Friday

My favourite day of the week. Not only is it the last day of the week at school but it is also the day I get bullied less. People are too busy planning their weekends to notice me. But today was different. There was an air of excitement and I didnt know why. So I plucked up my courage and walked up to my sisters in the hallway and asked,

Whats everyone so excited about?

Gracie looked at me then scowled at my question probably because she thought it was stupid. When she realised I was serious she started to laugh at me.

I know you dont have a social life but you are ridiculous! she continued to laugh.

I gave her a flat look.

You arent going anyway so might as well tell you. She said while sobering up, Tomorrow night there is going to be a party at the palace, where the prince is gonna find a wife and the future queen and thats gonna be me.

I scoffed then I walked away but I remembered my manners and threw a Thanks. over my shoulder.

What she really meant was that the prince was a werewolf and was going to find his mate and the future queen of werewolves at his party. Id feel sorry for him if his mate was Gracie.

But a party plus my sisters equals gone all night which meant I would be free to train tomorrow. Now Im excited for the weekend.

Saturday afternoon

I have been at the hunters agency for the past three hours training. Everything here is grey but huge, even the training room was big enough to a thousand people comfortably. I am currently punching the heck out of a punching bag and Jace is leaning on the door watching me quietly. Its kinda creeping me out considering he never shuts up. He is so talkative that i actually want to kill him but I know he could kick my ass. He is the only person who can beat me in a fight thats why he is my handler, that and the fact that he can tolerate me and my unconventional ways.

I stopped hitting the punching bag and picked up my towel from the floor and wiped my forehead. I threw it over my shoulder and walked over to him. I stopped a foot away from him, popped my hip to the left and put my hands on them and gave him a flat look. He looked guilty for a split second before he covered it up with his usual easy-going face. I raised an eyebrow then stared at him dead in the eye. He started shifting uncomfortably before he sighed deeply.

Damn that eye of yours. He said in resignation. I could tell he was about to tell me something important and by the look in his eye I knew it was going to suck for me. I started walking towards his office and he followed behind me.

You heard about the party at the palace tonight? I nodded in response. Well the king wants to see Scarlet Rose there so he can discuss something of absolute importance with her.

Ok. I agreed.

I thought it was going to be wor-and you have to wear a dress. He added in softly but I heard him.

WHAT!!!

I spun on my heel and glared at him. If looks could kill he would already be in hell.

You know how much I hate dresses and you agreed! I growled at him.

I had no choice. He asked for the best of the best and you are it. Plus he didnt want to ruin his sons party.

Well then, i aint going. I started walking away with my arms crossed.

Fine Ill make a deal with you. I stopped walking but I didnt turn around.

If you wear a dress tonight, Ill let you pick any weapon from the weapons room and you can keep it. I smiled brightly