Don't go, stay.

(This is my first work after very long, I've written some stories in the past but I've deleted it, soooo yeahh, do PM me any request you might have I'll try to do it my best!)

After an exhausting day of training, you plunge onto the couch in the living room with your body aching.

why do I have to do this everyday? you ask yourself.

"hey, doll." you look up and you see Bucky just walked into the room.

"so how was training?" he adds.

"exhausting as usual."

"hmm, why am I not surprised?" he replied with a smirk on his face.

Besides Steve, Bucky trusts you the most because you were there for him since day one. Your crush on him grew everyday as well. Nobody knows about your little secret besides Steve and Nat because they always find out about the little things that you keep inside your tiny little heart. You never had the courage to tell Bucks how you feel about him because you're scared that he never felt the same but actually he likes you more than you like him.

"wanna grab dinner, y/n?"

"do I look like the person that will say no to food? I don't think so, count me in!" you immediately jump off the couch and head out to grab dinner with Bucky.

---time skip---

you're both back at the Avenger Tower and watching The Good Doctor on TV. But, both of you were tired and decided to go to bed earlier today.  Bucky's room is just next to yours, you could hear his screams because of his nightmares that he has every night at the same exact time. You always have to run to his room and wake him up from that terrible dream of his.

"Goodnight, doll." he said while making sure you went into your room.

"Goodnight, buckybear--" you paused. "and sweet dreams." you continued with worry written all over your face.

"I'm sorry that you always have to wake me up every--" before he could finish you shushed him.

"Don't say that, please." you said before closing the door.

You sit at the side of your bed, the truth is you don't feel sleepy at all. you sat there quietly and listen to Bucky's every step until you are sure that he's in bed and sound asleep. You feel like you're waiting for a ticking time bomb to go off every night but you don't ever feel like he's a burden to you because he is your world and you would do anything to make him feel safe and wanted.

you look over to your desk, there's still a lot of paperwork to complete (yeah, even if you're an Avenger, you still have work to do heh, of course, you could change that according to your preference.) It's half past one, you fell asleep on your desk until you woke up to a huge bang coming from next door.

It must be the nightmares again. but it's only 1:30 a.m, usually his nightmares happen around 3 or 4. What in the---  another loud bang came from his room again.

you quickly ran to his room but it was locked.

"Bucky! Open the door! open th--" you realized how stupid you are, how can he hear you while having his nightmare. You kick open his door and see that his room trashed and almost everything was broken.

is he sleepwalking? you thought to yourself. you see Bucky standing in front of the wall and you could see dents on the wall.

"Bucky?" you walked up to him slowly to make sure he doesn't snap at you.

"It's me, y/n--" he turned around and your eyes meet.

he looked at you as if he wanted to kill you. he walked towards you, faster each step. he reached out his hands like he's going to strangle you to death.

"JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES!" you shouted at him. "wake up, please--" you whispered as he pinned you on the wall with his hands almost suffocating you. "I--can't--breath--" you said. 

Bucky finally wakes up and he lets go of you immediately after he saw what he was trying to do. You fall to the ground gasping for air. He fell to the ground in disbelieve of what he was trying to do. 

"Bucky, look at me--" you cupped his cheeks to make sure he's okay. "It's me, y/n, you're okay now, you're fine now--" Bucky leaned into your embrace, he's scared that one day he's really might really kill you.

"y/n, I'm sorry, I'm really really sorry, I--" you could feel warm streams of tears running down your shirt.

"shhh---there's nothing to be sorry about, it's not your fault that you have those nightmares, it's not your fault that you did what you did in the past, you deserve to be happy, you deserve to be treated like a human being and not a weapon, you deserve the world." you hold him tighter after every sentence. he holds you tight and grasping a handful of your shirt.

"I will always be here for you no matter what, even if it kills me to be here with you." you added

"y/n, promise me, if that ever happens again, just kill me, okay? I wouldn't want to live with the guilt that I've killed you. please promise me--" he said.

Both of you were silent for a minute. His question caught you off guard and you have no idea how to answer it.

"Buc--"

"Just promise me--" 

you nodded, but you know deep down inside you couldn't and wouldn't do it.

"y/n, I love you." he pulled away and cupped your face in his hands.

"Since the day I laid my eyes on you, I knew that I like you. I just knew. But--I didn't have the guts to tell you because I'm scared to lose our friendship that we have together. I love you, y/n" he added.

"I love you too Buckybear--" 

"I understand that you---wait---did you just said you love me too?" he said with his eye widen.

"Yeahh I did you dummy--"

you rest your head on the crook of his neck, he holds you tight in his arms.

"now that you don't have a bed, wanna use mine?" you pull away and look at the mess in Bucky's room.

"I hope Tony doesn't kill me--" he rubs the back of his neck and looked around.

Both of you went into your room. You figured that Bucky would be very tired after what happen, you decided to sleep on the couch in the living room instead. You made sure he was comfortable in your bed before pulling out the extra blanket in your cupboard.

Bucky noticed that you were going to sleep in the living room. 

"Where are you going?" he grabbed your wrist preventing you from leaving.

"I figured that you would be very tired after all that had happen, I just want you to get the rest you deserve, and I didn't want to bother you so--" before you could finish, you feel that Bucky's grip getting tighter.

"Don't go, stay. Stay here with me, please. you make me feel like I'm home and I don't want you to go." he pulled you closer to him.

"Okay, I won't go, I'll be right here with you as long as I'm alive." you said as you caressed his cheeks.

You laid down next to him, placing your head on his chest, listening to his every heartbeat.

"I love you, y/n" he pulls you in closer to his body, you could feel the heat that radiates off him.

"I love you too Bear--"