Braelynn snorted. "Oh, wow. Never would have thought of that, brainiac."

Max ignored the comment while Rhea snapped her eyes over in Braelynn's direction, trying to make her be quiet with a cold glare.

"Honestly, just like Aidan, the first time I turn was an accident," Leila admitted after a second, sharing a soft smile with the said boy.

"What happened?" Aidan wondered.

"I was being hunted at the time. Someone was trying to kill me because they knew Malum needed us so I just - I freaked out, and it made me turn into a wolf."

"And you?" Aidan turned to Alex, raising his eyebrow in questioning.

"I was hunting," Alex added. "I saw a deer, knew I needed to eat, and right before I was about to jump the deer, I turned."

"What about you?" Rhea then turned to Max, smiling softly at him.

"Same with Leila. I had a wolf trying to snap at me, and well, my anger got the best of me, and I turned. Simple as that."

"I turned because you were about to maul my sister," Aidan teased Max, laughing when Max's cheeks heated up in embarrassment.

Braelynn let out a dramatic groan when none of their answers seemed to help her dilemma. She stomped her way over to the steps Rhea and Max were sitting on and walked up them so she could be on the porch with her dads. She looked over at them with a raised eyebrow as she leaned against the front door to the cabin, crossing her arms over her chest and looking just about done with everyone's lack of help.

"Dad, how did you turn?" she asked Louis.

This seemed to peak everybody's interest as well because Rhea and Max were suddenly turning their bodies towards Louis, and Leila, Aidan and Alex were stepping forward to get closer to the fencing on the porch. Aidan pulled himself up the fence and sat down on top of the rail.

"I was fourteen when it happened," Louis remembered with a smile, laughing under his breath, subtly turning to look at Harry as well and seeing his bright green eyes looking back at him. "And well, I turned because of your other dad."

Braelynn's eyes grew in size. "No way," she awed, stepping closer.

"Is this the story of how you two first met? The one you used to tell us before bed?" Rhea wondered.

Louis nodded his head in response as he subconsciously pulled Harry impossibly closer. "Yeah, this was around the time we had a big feud with the Grimshaw pack. I heard a human going into the woods, and I had never seen one before so I was curious." Louis felt Harry press a kiss against his neck, and he turned to look at him again, smiling brightly. "Then I heard Nick," Louis remembered with a frown, turning back to all the children. "He was older than me, and he had been an alpha longer than me. I had heard him going after this human, and I knew he was going to kill them so I wanted to stop Nick from doing so. I could tell this human was young and frightened, so I followed them through the woods. I was just running and running as fast as I could. I was getting so angry that Nick would kill a child without second thought, and then bam. I turned, right when I was jumping out to push Nick's wolf off of Harry."

Harry lifted his head off Louis' shoulder, furrowing his brows together. "I didn't know that was the first time you turned."

"It was," Louis smiled, caressing Harry's face in his hand. "When I was in my wolf, that was when I felt that connection with you. Otherwise, I probably would have killed you myself in my wolf form, but it's like even when I was an animal, I knew there was something between us. That's when I scented you to me, and I swore to myself I would protect you."